Are you interested in working directly with Windows developers to revolutionize how Microsoft uses telemetry, diagnostics and feedback to directly improve our customers' experience with Windows?
Want to take an active role in evolving Windows as a Service (WaaS) by super-charging developers by turning very large aggregations of diagnostic and telemetry data from Windows into actionable insights?
Our Developer Insights team within Windows Fundamentals is looking for a passionate, customer-obsessed PM to join our team and help define our strategy to insure developers are provided the data and insights they need, at the right time, within the tools they use, to rapidly identify, prioritize and fix issues which will delight our customers.
We would love our new Program Manager to have great interpersonal skills, love understanding customer pain points and be driven to find the best solution for them. We are actively changing the development methodologies and culture within Windows so experience in cross team collaboration is ideal.
In this role you would own the cloud based customer experiences around configuration and authoring experiences that interface with our advanced data analytics engine mining millions of data points in CosmosDB daily to determine the most actionable and important insights. Success in this space overall is measured by the utilization of these insights to determine health of specific code, overall systems and execution measures which are all presented to developers and leadership in a way that allows for the quickest prioritization and resolution of code bugs impacting customers. This role's contribution to the capabilities to rapidly iterate on our diagnostics gathering and analysis is vital to this overall success. Our mission is to delight Windows consumers by empowering Windows developers with more actionable data about the consumer's experience!
* Minimum of 5 years in a project-focused role in the engineering, IT or software industry
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
* Proven track record of seizing ambiguous opportunities, driving clarity into them, and creating impactful results that benefit the company through deeply involved interactions and discussion
* Critical thinking skills, problem-solving, creativity, and collaboration with an ability to build strong partnership with others
* An understanding of the Software Developer role and engineering lifecycle also helpful to gain greater understanding/empathy for your direct customers
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-driven environment
* Strong presentation skills
* Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
* Experience with Big Data, Document/Cosmos DB, web services, and data analysis is beneficial but not required
* Experience with Azure Cloud Services also beneficial but not required
We have a very exciting charter - come join us in delighting our customers!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.