Set the standard for technical skills onboarding at Microsoft and the Industry! Core Service Engineering and Operations (CSEO) is looking for a Technical Program Manager to work on a high visibility onboarding program that accelerates our Modern engineering investment & practices for all new hires joining the CSEO Organization . In this role you will own and deliver end to end solutions for executing the CSEO Modern Engineering Onboarding program called the Accelerator. This program targets training of all new employees hired into the organization on modern engineering practices, platforms and standards. In this role you will help boost the first 90 employee experience resulting in higher employee onboarding satisfaction (NSAT), as well as, increasing productivity for all new employees. This program also aims to increase the competitiveness of the CSEO organization for hiring as a World Class Engineering Organization. The tools and processes you will be directly accountable for include, Multi-Tenant integration with the Central Azure Administration portal, Azure subscription and resource management for the program, Accelerator Lab Security Compliance, quality of the Accelerator Labs training and associated success metrics, the 90 Day Software Development Curriculum and partnership with the Modern Engineering Fundamentals team. Additionally you will co-manage a small virtual team of suppliers that deliver our program content and ensure that the quality and content of their instruction is World Class.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer looking to move into the PM Discipline or a PM with deep technical hands on skills who enjoys staying current on the latest cloud advancements and development techniques. You will use your technical skills and background to set priorities for our program, as well as, drive efficiency in a global engineering team with over 6000 employees worldwide. You will partner with a team of talented individuals to ensure that the tools and platforms can scale globally and stay aligned with the goals of the program. Your customer will be all new Software Engineering employees, managers and teams and our CSEO Executive Leadership team who have made onboarding a core function of our workforce strategy. In this role you will be expected to work collaboratively, go deep on technology and process and be customer centric.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or a related field or 5 years of software program/product management experience
* Software Engineering Experience with 2+ years of coaching and mentoring others in Cloud based Software Engineering practices
* Experience in building relationships and delivering results in multi-functional projects
* Experience with building sites and services on Cloud Technologies
* Ability to multi-task and deliver results consistently
* Passion for technology and ability to pick up new products/technology quickly
* Strongly analytical and data driven self-starter with a strong bias for action
* Experience developing product/project plans and driving project/product execution
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Learn and document the tooling, automation and process needs of the Accelerator program for new employees, managers and program administrators, and address needs through features and functionality in tools and platforms.
* Drive efficiency and scalability to all Accelerator program processes through automation, and integration with downstream and upstream processes.
* Collaborate with the Accelerator team to set direction & learning goals for new Software Engineers, validate needs against current & to be adopted engineering practices and incorporate skills that new employees need to know to be successful.
* Drive design of lectures, labs, and learning exercises to teach these practices and ensure trainers deliver with high levels of quality.
* Manage and implement updates to lab content on an ongoing basis to stay aligned with modern engineering practices, changes to cloud technologies and offerings and feedback from participants.
* You will be responsible for trouble shooting & debugging all aspects of the lab environment. Partnering with engineering, security & other teams to deliver on lab scenarios aligned with CSEO's Modern Engineering direction.
* Partner with Azure and teams across Microsoft to develop and extend onboarding tools, create best practices, and enhance the overall engineering onboarding experience within Microsoft.
* In this role you will be presenting to executives & publicly at onboarding sessions.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.