Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft's history and is the foundation of Microsoft's commercial Cloud Services. Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider with 200+ distinct product capabilities available in 40+ regions.
As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global is hiring an exceptional PM to develop and drive resilient datacenter infrastructure and software architecture, helping Azure to continue to deliver the world-class service reliability that our customers expect across our increasing global footprint. This role will collaborate with technical experts to build the architectural designs and engineering patterns that both deliver a resilient Azure core, and empower 1000's of Azure engineers to seamlessly develop towards an evolving set of resiliency best practices - all with the lowest cost and highest efficiency possible.
* 7+ years experience in technical program management
* 3+ years in a software development role
* Proven track record of building development, data, and engineering frameworks that scale to large engineering audiences
* Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products
* Product development and/or DevOps experience in a cloud environment
* BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Collaborate with technical architects to develop solutions that reduce cost of resilient datacenter architecture and service delivery
* Develop tools and architecture that ensure smoother service delivery while meeting resiliency best practices
* Build data models and automation to detect, report on, and evangelize adherence to resiliency best practices
* Report out to senior leadership on progress on resiliency and global expansion initiatives
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.