In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do.
Our tech moves beyond sensors, screens and pixels to create new realities and new insights aimed at bringing us closer together. To get there, we're incorporating a diverse set of groundbreaking Mixed Reality technologies, leveraging computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We fuse these technologies across a portfolio of first and third-party products ranging from HoloLens to Virtual Reality headsets and Azure-connected sensing devices. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
In this role, you'll help guide the design and evolution of the operating systems that run on our products. Starting with our Holographic OS, we need to continue to evolve our software to become a mature OS supporting the devices - and the developers - that we have today as well as into the future. This roles touches on a variety of software stacks including lower-level drivers, networking and security.
* 5+ years of Program Management and/or Project Management experience.
* Experience working through a complete product cycle (from initial design through post-release maintenance).
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* A high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
* Excellent design and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
There are plenty of other skills that aren't required, but you'll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with developer platforms, API design, SDKs, embedded systems, computer vision, artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR) products or virtual reality (VR) products.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Build an operating system roadmap that spans the multitude of products we build.
* Listen to our customers, understand their requirements, reason over this data and drive signal into our internal development teams.
* Evolve our Holographic OS by driving requirements and dependencies across teams beyond Cognition.
* Communicate internally with clarity and precision to drive alignment in small and broad teams.
* Report out to executive leadership on a periodic basis.
* Effectively collaborate, build relationships and influence team members to achieve product objectives.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.