Our organization is focused on our commerce and store investments. This business brings together all the great minds behind our on-line stores for our products, services, devices, Customers, and partners to provide our end users with the best experience possible. Bring your customer focus and technical expertise to an exciting and growing business at Microsoft.
We are radically redefining how Customers experience, learn, try, and buy our 1st and 3rd party products online. Our team is responsible for building the next set of Microsoft e-commerce experiences that delights our Customers and makes it ridiculously easy to acquire 1st and 3rd-party hardware, as well as apps, movies,nd games. The Storefront Team aligns strategically with Dynamics, and is the primary driver of discovery, purchases and installations.
The Storefronts team is looking for a highly motivated, technical Program Manager with a strong background in user experience, e-commerce payments, and the shopping cart services industry. This individual will define scenarios for purchasing and fulfilling digital and physical goods & services, establish end-to-end requirements and key business metrics, collaborate effectively across all Universal Storefront teams, and successfully deliver and support the best consumer shopping and post-sales experiences. This position works very closely with teams across Microsoft to deliver foundational functionality that drives world class e-commerce scenarios across presentation, merchandising, and break through Customer engagement feature areas.
* 3+ years in building e-commerce experiences - ideally in working in billing and subscriptions
* 5+ years of experience in designing, building, and delivering complex, successful web services and/or Customer experiences efficiently.
* Strong technical foundation with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn and adopt new technologies quickly.
* Great instincts on how to make the right tradeoffs, despite the potential lack of qualitative or quantitative data.
* Passion for e-commerce and large scale online consumer products.
* Excellent listening, writing, and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate and convey; and, the ability to successfully lead and communicate with a cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
* While you'll have access to a very good UX design team, you have excellent UX skills and can quickly create visuals in Visio, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, etc.
* Strong personal accountability for end-to-end quality, completeness, and resulting user experience for the life of the product/service.
* Ability to dive deep and remain in constant touch with the details of the business.
* Prior experience with agile development methodologies.
* Confidence and comfort working with high degree of autonomy, in a fast-paced, Customer-first and software-as-a-service environment.
* BA/BS or equivalent degree/experience in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
* Design, drive, deliver and support purchase, cart, digital fulfillment and account management experiences for Universal Store.
* Collaborate across Store engineering teams on services, designs, and schedules to bring world-class shopping features to life.
* Define and develop individual partner requirements and dependencies including identifying issues, scheduling priorities, and milestone exit criteria.
* Identify opportunities to increase Customer satisfaction, revenue, and/or efficiencies across the e-commerce landscape.
* Provide subject matter expertise across all disciplines with exceptional depth of knowledge for assigned partner systems.
* Evangelize and drive strategic, novel commerce solutions division-wide.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.