Microsoft Graph is the premier API developers use to build software on the Microsoft 365 platform. Our API powers all sorts of apps including both 1st party and 3rd party applications. Graph is the central nervous system that connects data in the Microsoft cloud to applications worldwide.
Who designs these rich API experiences? How do we enable developers to quickly build amazing, data-rich apps? How do we curate the many API proposals and create harmony rather than dissonance? We're amplifying Microsoft's future by enabling developers to build deeply personal experiences, and we need you. Interested?
Our team is looking for a Program Manager (PM) to help us realize this vision. You will work directly on building the core infrastructure that powers Microsoft Graph. Your role focuses on the onboarding experience for APIs. You'll work with partners across the company to ensure they have everything necessary to design, build, and integrate high-quality APIs into Microsoft Graph.
You will have a unique opportunity to demonstrate both empathy and technical prowess to succeed. In this role, you'll be working with leaders and developers in many orgs who have their own timelines and agendas. Success means understanding the API lifecycle from start-to-finish and crafting the tools and processes that create the harmony and completeness we seek in Microsoft Graph.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science, or related industry experience
* 5+ years' experience in program management or related business experience defining and creating software features
* Motivated by business outcomes and data-driven decision-making
* Excellent PM fundamentals: feature design, customer empathy, passion for learning, can-do creativity, concise communications and ability to influence
* Proven understanding of API design and developer mindset
* Consistent track record of collaborating with PMs and engineers across orgs
* Creativity and optimism grounded in practical engineering and business strategy
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Because this role is cross-organizational:
* You should be a phenomenal listener, seeking actively to understand the needs of your partners here and across the company.
* You should be able to synthesize and prioritize conflicting needs from a variety of partners.
* You should be intent on creating and maintaining warm and productive working relationships across disciplines and the company.
Because this role is highly technical:
* You should understand the developer mindset.
* You should have a basic understanding of API design principles.
* You should have a passion for technology and constant learning.
We are a tight-knit community of engineers who are committed to:
* Respecting privacy and security.
* Understanding our customers, both internal and external.
* Diversity and inclusion.
Our aim is to be the best and most successful API in the world while enabling all Microsoft products to benefit from our investments.
If this sounds like the right environment for you, please join us!
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.