Are you curious to understand quickly evolving technologies, and passionate about applying what you learn to help address challenges and create new opportunities in the real world? Do you have the passion, curiosity and perseverance to build ground-breaking solutions and experiences which take advantage of the explosive growth of the Internet of Things? If yes, please join us on the Azure Digital Twins team in Azure IoT!
The Internet of Things is a core driver for digital transformation, enabling all kinds of businesses to profoundly improve and solve business problems in entirely new world. Through the collection and understanding of signals from a burgeoning network of connected devices and sensors in and around the spaces in which we live, work, shop, and play, we can make new connections between our intelligent cloud and the physical world. Breakthrough ambient intelligence scenarios enable our partners and customers to achieve more - at the personal, team and organizational level.
We are building a new Azure IoT development platform to help organizations model and build IoT solutions rapidly and cost effectively. From smart buildings, to smart campuses, to a connected factory floor we are enabling customers to build digital twins of their environments. You can lean more here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/digital-twins/.
We are looking for a smart, inquisitive and technical Senior Program Manager who will help the team build the next version of the service. Someone who loves to dig in as an individual contributor, and enjoys tackling big, complex problems in product design, execution and product delivery. An individual who is comfortable working with external customers and partners as well as internal teams, and who has experience working directly with an engineering team. Someone who is an effective advocate for our customers, with a sense for the needs of developers and the ability to translate customer insight into actionable information for the engineering team.
* 5+ years of program management experience
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
* Demonstrated experience as a program manager shipping cloud or otherwise enterprise-class products, ideally including multiple releases of the same product(s)
* Passion for, and skill in, effective collaboration cross-team, cross-discipline, and cross-company
* Previous experience with products targeting end-to-end experiences for developers, or IoT or cloud API is desirable
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Collaborate with customers and with key customer-facing partner groups to identify a set of compelling real-world scenarios that reflect the challenges and opportunities of building IoT solutions.
* Produce outstanding product designs and specifications.
* Work with the engineering team to build services & features which customers love. Ensure that the product is built well, the engineers have what they need and customer needs are met.
* Bring your own individual, diverse perspectives to the team to help make sure we see things from all sides and learn by what you bring to the team.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.