The Microsoft Translator team is on a mission to enable communication without language barriers across speech, text and visual communication.
In just the last year we have:
* Announced human parity in machine translation for Chinese -> English news translation. Shipped the first version of these systems in production.
* Shipped Presentation Translator for PowerPoint, allowing the audience to follow live presentations in whatever language they wish
* Shipped a new Azure service - Custom Translator.
Our mobile apps are used by millions of users, and the Translator service powers translations for Skype, Twitter, Bing, Office to name a few. It is used by thousands of companies around the world to translate everything, from social media to technical documents. Translator is an Azure service, and a member of the Cognitive Services family.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to help us bring the Translator service to our customers, securely, compliant, functional. and with the best content and experience.
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computational Linguistics
* Excellent writing and speaking skills
* Awareness of the current translation and machine translation industry developments
* Experience working through a full product lifecycle, from initial design to final product delivery
The following are additional qualifications that would be helpful for this job:
* Foreign language skills
* Background in NLP, ML or machine translation
* Having written code
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Identify areas of the service where customers have problems with,and develop plans to address those.
* Build the best content to make the Translator service discoverable and usable.
* Act on customer expressed needs, designing the right tests to evaluate the problem, and to validate the fix.
* Design enhancements to how our service is presented, and develop new functions and capabilities.
* Drive observed usability and discoverability issues from inception to conclusion.
* Talk about translation with our customers.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.