PIE's Vision is to make it easy for everyone to create, consume, and manage planetary-scale, reliable cloud production services and infrastructure to achieve more. As a team, we bring together significant and complementary capabilities with tooling, infrastructure, monitoring and insights in new ways to increase our perspective. Our diversity of knowledge and experience comes together for the benefit of our users, our colleagues, our business, and ourselves.
Our Sr. Program Managers possess leadership skills, technical expertise and aptitude. They have hands-on project management experience and enjoy deeply understanding customer requirements, writing technical specs, creating roadmaps, and tracking progress, with easy to consume KPIs and metrics, against the project schedule throughout the entire product lifecycle. They are excited about sharing their knowledge with others and collaborating across all of Microsoft. This role focuses on cloud-scale visualizations and collaborates with the scenario personas as well as the UX team to create visual representations of data to communicate information, correlations, and patterns clearly and effectively. This includes facilitating user studies to measure usability and effectiveness of the design and data architecture and translating the results into requirements for the engineering teams.
Our ideal candidate has a voracious appetite for learning and collaboration with a mindset for making the impossible possible. Everything else is learnable.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or at least four years of IT work experience
* 5+ years of experience in a program management role
* Technical depth in at least one software engineering discipline
* Experience in identifying, defining, sizing, and prioritizing work streams and items
* Experience in planning, managing scope and timelines realistically
* Experience in creating roadmaps, status updates, documentation, and presentations
* Strong collaboration skills and the ability to lead across multiple teams without authority
* Excellent communication skills across a massively diverse audience
* Persistence and a track record of completion
* Comfortable with complexity and ability to operate and thrive with ambiguity and partial information
* Experience delivering services using agile methodologies
* Software development background as an engineer
* Technical design skills and experience with Azure cloud services
* Experience with at least one relevant programming language or technologies
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Define simple repeatable systems solutions for complex problems that can impact availability and reliability, applying a structured methodology and project management approach
* Design pioneering processes, software, and programs within Azure Cloud that have measurable impact
* Develop collaborative partnerships across multiple disciplines including engineering, UX design, PM and negotiate conflicting priorities
* Drive the implementation and delivery of processes, software, and programs
* Effectively measure and communicate progress and risks throughout the project lifecycle and influence the adoption of change
* Use scenario focused design & development methodologies to define requirements that produce the best partner or customer experience
* Continually use data to derive insights to measure and improve services and programs
* Be a learner and dream big
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.