The Azure Core Compute team is seeking a highly motivated, technical and talented senior PM to continue delivering our Azure/Autopilot platform software, the foundation of Microsoft Cloud. As part of this team, you will work directly with core Azure engineering teams to deliver intelligent, massively scalable, automated solutions that give our 1st and 3rd party customers world class infrastructure to run their mission critical services. You will advance the state-of-the-art in core Azure platform to manage hyper scale server clusters hosting Azure and Autopilot workloads. You will partner with all Microsoft 1st party engineering teams (AI Core, Bing, Cortana, Office, Exchange, Xbox, Teams etc.) to build and operate planet scale services deployed on the Microsoft Cloud.
Azure Compute is the foundational layer for Microsoft Cloud, so, the responsibility and potential for impact here is huge!
* Proven ability to drive complex, high-value projects involving multiple partners to success, on time
* Proven ability to discuss distributed computing topics with technical, non-technical, and executive audiences
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an MBA with a relevant focus
* Minimum 7+ years of experience in designing and shipping system software
"Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work with core Azure platform engineering teams to deliver Azure Autopilot control plane that manages the Microsoft Cloud
* Deliver a highly-available Azure/Autopilot control plane infrastructure, including platform feature planning, monitoring & analytics, customer onboarding, documentation and building product roadmaps
* Enable Microsoft 1st party divisions to build and operate services on Azure and where required help transition from dedicated on-prem legacy infra management stacks to Azure and Autopilot
* Build and drive shared engineering plans/roadmaps between Microsoft 1st party divisions and core Azure engineering teams to enable advanced platform features and optimizations for massively large scale services
* Improve QoS and SLA for core Azure platform services
* Improve resource utilization efficiency of core Azure platform services themselves and 1st party services running on top of Azure
If you love working closely with agile engineering feature crews; making rapid, iterative, incremental improvements to Microsoft's world class Cloud infrastructure; and driving advancements in availability & efficiency, this is a team for you!
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.