This is an incredible time to work at Microsoft. With more and more mission critical services running in the cloud, high performance at scale for Microsoft Server platform is paramount for customers. Every engineer and manager should have the data, tools and visualizations to gain insights into how our products are performing in order to better innovate. By empowering teams to build a measurement framework complemented by a collection of dynamic views fueled by performance data and telemetry, teams are able to achieve more. Our team, Server OS Performance, is at the helm of this shift. Our mission statement, Server OS exceeds customer performance expectations as guest and as host, on-premise and in the cloud.
We're looking for an experienced Senior PM who has a strong passion to revolutionize how we think about Performance for Server. You will have the opportunity to partner with teams across Microsoft to identify new ways to achieve business success through data.
We hold ourselves to a very high standard for the performance of Windows Server that is delivered to our customers. The organization will use performance data to learn about Server health internally and in the market. We deliver improvements that help our customers meet their performance goals. If you are someone who is passionate about visualizing data, empowering customers to learn about the health of their deployments, and taking on big challenges, then we want to talk to you! We are looking for people on our team who are self-motivated, self-aware, committed to learning, working well with others, and helping each other succeed. Think you are up to the challenge? Reach out to us! The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
* Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
* Proven ability to influence and drive strategy at product level scope
* Outstanding communication and cross team collaboration skills
* Strong track record of making others around you great
* 5+ years Program Management experience
* Experience in OS Performance a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Senior PM on our team, your responsibilities would include:
* Partnering closely with PM, Dev and Quality teams across the company (e.g. Azure, Office, Bing, SQL) to influence the overall performance strategy that meets our collective business objectives.
* Identifying solutions to help ensure we run the right set of performance tests that are customer representative and present results from lab tests and telemetry to make better business decisions.
* Providing hands-on program management experience during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and reporting phases.
* Partnering with key stakeholders to identify and drive performance opportunities into the OS to help improve key scenarios
* Defining roadmaps/plans that align to customer requirements and business goals.
* Exploring new creative ways to increase our on-prem and cloud Enterprise customer feedback.
* Empowering engineers and managers with rich data visualizations to make customer driven decisions.
* Building visualizations to monitor and enforce high quality and consistency of performance across teams.
* Customer enablement and need for perf competitiveness in the Server business, in addition to feature team empowerment
* Collaborate on product strategy, and represent the work with executive leadership, and at industry forums
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.