Microsoft 365 is a key part of the company's cloud strategy and overall mission of empowering people and organizations to achieve more. As part of the customer journey to the cloud there are times when they need to reach out to seek help from Microsoft and that's where our team steps in to make sure that the customer support experience is best in class. Our team is responsible for the entire admin and support ecosystem starting from the Microsoft admin portal (https://admin.microsoft.com), support entry point experience, AI driven self-help, support agent tooling, diagnostics and making sure telemetry is readily available to all of engineering to continuously drive product improvements. Our team is full of people who have truly embraced a growth mindset, is not afraid to make mistakes, believes in doing and are obsessed about providing our customers the best secure support experience possible.
When support audiences make a move to the modern support platform, they have unique needs - the way they view compliance, privacy and security. Our modern support team needs to establish a high bar for risk assessment and innovate on repeatable processes to reduce overhead and ensure our customers are protected. This role touches all these facets and requires a Program Manager that can embody a CEO mindset, scoped to an area of Risk Management within our Modern Support Platform.
The Amplify program management (PM) team is looking for a collaborative innovator, capable of owning features and strategies that drive discontinuous change in our customer satisfaction while maintaining high levels of adherence to compliance, privacy and security needs of our customers and driving business risk management. Key areas of ownership include building and scaling out a secure extensible support platform that empowers engineers to efficiently resolve customer issues, driving innovative features to measurably impact customer satisfaction across the most complex segments of customers.
Professional/Personal Skill Requirements:
* 5+ years of Product Group experience and online experience in the Engineering CSP. Experience should encompass the business acumen, organizational agility, and operational discipline of running a 24x7 global service.
* Proficiencies should include an advanced mix of skills engaging with Engineering, Product Marketing, and the Sales Marketing Services Group (SMSG) and Customer Support Services (CSS).
* Strong customer first approach with ability to balance security & compliance needs, business needs versus customer requirements to deliver an optimized experience aligned with the Customer Obsessed Culture.
* Proven track record delivering cross organization results in a highly matrix model and sustaining strong partnerships within and outside the organization. Ability to drive consensus, influence leadership, and manage expectations with senior stakeholders a must.
* Proven track record in cloud competency (cloud velocity and scale), high scale operations (millions of users), and data driven designs.
* Strong communication skills that can tailor content and concepts based on audience (internal stakeholders and with external customers). Ability to translate taxonomy and apply relevant details to maximize understanding. Ability to self-regulate through conflict management and negotiations to promote an inclusive environment and achieve the best results for all involved.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As part of the team you will be expected to collaborate and drive efforts across multiple engineering managers, security teams and organizations; success will be through developing breakthrough ideas from start to finish with measurable and positive impact. In addition, you'll need to have both excellence management and people skills paired with technical depth and passions. Our PM teams have expansive charters and very broad influence. If you are looking for high impact, grow a ton, and have fun doing it, you are the right person for the job.
Overall Scope & Responsibilities:
Own strategic planning for and delivery of Fraud, Escalations and Risk Management Operations Engineering across M365 properties leveraging the M365 Modern Support Stack.
* Define all Service components required to enable the E2E processes in this space and work as part of feature crews to deploy and enable systematic solutions identifying integration points and dependencies on other application owners and technology providers to minimize and/or eliminate abuse of our platform and business risk. Own the relationship management cross groups and drive shared goals and accountability including establishing OLAs and ROB.
* Innovate on Identity and Access Control policies and requirements to keep business current, secure and scalable as we roll new properties onto the Modern Support Stack.
* Optimize and operationalize compliance, fraud and risk management processes for simple, scalable adherence to outlined service delivery standards
* Partner with engineering, support audiences, and business to deliver built-in capabilities that enable Modern support Stack to be best of class in compliance, privacy and security
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.