Search for more jobs
Senior Program Manager for QE and Test Infrastructure
* Job: 21387-BHIL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Program Management
The Senior Program Manager for QE and Test Infrastructure is a member of a management team who supports the planning and execution of multiple projects or programs for a wide array of MathWorks tools and technologies, and has the opportunity to interact with other development teams responsible for MathWorks' 90+ products. Program Management is an integration and coordination role working with members of development including Engineering, Quality Engineering, Usability, and Documentation to facilitate the effective development and delivery of tools and technologies. The Program Manager is also an important primary liaison between the program team and the larger MathWorks community (e.g. business applications, IT, operations, and tech support).
Partner with infrastructure development teams to support the organization's continued evolution to cutting edge build and test technologies. A successful Program Manager in this role will help plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on their strategic goals and objectives. Specific activities include performing program analysis, managing risk, influencing necessary course corrections, creative problem solving, communicating program status, developing operational plans and activities across multiple levels of management. This role additionally involves continuously assessing and improving development processes.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Masters degree in engineering or equivalent with 7+ years of experience in the commercial software industry
* Experience with software development infrastructure and tooling, including build systems and test frameworks
* Expertise in providing cross organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
* Expertise in the use of program and project management techniques and tools.
* Experience working with Agile development teams
* Excellent teamwork and teambuilding skills
* Ability to appropriately balance strategic goals with tactical implementation
* Experience using metrics for program/project analysis and problem solving
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.