Are you passionate about cloud computing? Do you get excited about transforming Microsoft's most critical business through automation, data and intelligence? If so, come and help us build the most reliable and efficient datacenter infrastructure on the planet. Microsoft is experiencing tremendous growth in its Cloud computing business, driven by Azure. Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) organization is the backbone of the Cloud Business, responsible for designing, building and operating Microsoft's datacenters.
We are looking for a customer obsessed, data driven, technical, Senior Program Manager with strong collaboration and communication skills, and execution ability, to join the Cloud Infrastructure Health program. We are working on a number of cloud infrastructure availability projects including DC critical infrastructure (power & cooling) telemetry & real-time monitoring, controls and optimization, and predictive maintenance. You will lead a cross-functional team of world class software engineers, datacenter operators & leaders, electrical and mechanical engineers to define and deliver transformative software solutions.
This is a unique, high impact opportunity to work at the intersection of business and technology, and directly influence reliability and efficiency of Microsoft's Cloud infrastructure and operations. The role has high Exec visibility with strong growth potential.
* 7+ years of PM experience in shipping software products / online services.
* Experience in working with Big data applications is a plus.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with demonstrated ability to influence different types of stakeholders.
* BA or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience. MBA combined with a technical background is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Understand how Microsoft datacenters are operated and identify / automation / and transformation opportunities.
* Design and develop the next generation cloud infrastructure monitoring platform by partnering with engineering and datacenter operations.
* Define and own product roadmap, drive planning activities.
* Collaborate with learning & development and change management teams to develop effective rollout plans.
* Provide regular program updates to executives and partner teams.
* Define KPIs to measure business impact.
* Be a force multiplier of the team by driving clarity and generating energy.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.