Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers' experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
You are bright, engaging, eager to learn, and ready to make an impact, and we've been waiting for you!
Blizzard is seeking a high performing Senior Program Manager to join the IT PMO. Our IT PMO acts as the central point of contact and liaison between the IT organization and the game and platform development teams. You will join an inclusive and welcoming team of IT Program Managers who strive to be the best in the business.
We are looking for a program manager who possesses an exceptional knowledge of product, project and program management styles and processes. They should have a deep understanding of hardware and infrastructure technologies, management of live services, superb communication and relationship building skills, and able to adapt to shifting priorities. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environment, and people, all help make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career.
The primary function of this role is to partner with our Internal Information Systems team to define and achieve Blizzard's corporate IT strategy. You will be accountable for organizing, prioritizing and leading IT infrastructure projects. You will drive multiple projects focused on enterprise platform and Active Directory technologies to deliver an outstanding IT experience for Blizzard employees.
As a program manager, you are expected to demonstrate the following skills consistently at a high level:
* Display a mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project
* Identify the order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and operational tasks to plan milestones, schedules and resources
* Ensure that projects goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule and within budget
* Facilitate and create appropriate project documentation, communicate status updates, drive major decisions, identify and eliminate risks and blockers
* Communicate effectively and clearly with stakeholders of all levels by tailoring your message to the audience
* Build and maintain effective relationships with resources, partners, colleagues and leaders with fierce accountability for delivering on commitments and partner needs
* Demonstrate the value of partner engagement by knowing when to engage, who to engage, and how to engage while keeping inclusion and collaboration at the forefront of your approach
* Model self-awareness in personal interactions and read both verbal and non-verbal signs to influence without direct authority
* Work independently and deliver results with little or no supervision
* Act as the central point of contact for everything related to your program area
* Contribute to the strategic direction of the organization by driving continuous improvement within designated program area and IT PMO
* Set a positive example daily by providing guidance, thinking globally, bringing people together and actively mentoring other members of the team
* A minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects
* Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies
* Extraordinary inter-personal skills, and oral and written communication skills
* Strong leadership
* Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
* Dedicated self-motivation and initiative
* Mastery of Atlassian product suite
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
* Scrum Master Certification
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.