Search for more jobs
Senior Program Manager - Continuous Integration & Deployment
* Job: 20167-BHIL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
The Senior Program Manager - Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI/CD) is a member of the IAT software development team and supports the planning and execution of multiple projects or programs. IAT provides the infrastructure, architecture and development tools that support development activities spanning the entire MathWorks product family. As a member of this team you will program manage the design, implementation and rollout of next-generation tools and technologies. Program Management is an integration and coordination role working with members of development including Engineering, Quality Engineering, Usability, and Documentation to facilitate the effective development and delivery of products.
Work with cross-functional teams across the Development organization as they plan, track and execute complex programs while maintaining focus on their strategic goals and objectives. Specific activities include performing program analysis, managing risk, influencing necessary course corrections, creative problem solving, and communicating program status and activities across multiple levels of management. This role additionally involves continuously assessing and improving the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentoring/coaching other members of the Program Management and Development teams.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* 7+ years' experience managing complex technical projects interfacing with infrastructure, software engineering and testing teams
* Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
* Experience implementing change in a large organization
* Ability to appropriately balance strategic goals with tactical implementation
* Ability to influence without authority
* Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of Project and Program Management
* Understanding of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) processes
* Experience with Container orchestration platforms, Docker
* Understanding of Cloud Services (SaaS, Paas, Iaas) and experience with managing cloud-based SaaS applications
* Experience in the commercial software product industry
* Experience building tools to make software development processes easier
* Experience with MathWorks Products (MATLAB, Simulink)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.