In the past customers asked Microsoft if they should use our cloud to get value. But, increasingly, they now ask can they use our cloud given the complex regulatory and technical environments they face. Here on the CXP Market Expansion Team we are working from an "inside the cloud" view to provide expert help to Microsoft customers who are assessing their technical, security and regulatory risks of using Microsoft 365, Azure and the growing catalog of MS Cloud Services.
The bigger the customer, the more resources and skill they apply to the complex concerns that emerge at the intersection of cloud technology, contractual and regulatory disciplines. Few leaders in the IT departments of our customers doubt the benefits of the cloud today. But excellence with these next-level topics is becoming a new differentiator for Microsoft. We've always led the way with cloud security - now we must lead the way helping customers use Cloud services while confident of compliance with regulatory, privacy and similar obligations.
In this role, you'll do your part to make it easier for Microsoft's most demanding customers, to enthusiastically adopt the MS Cloud. You'll do this by helping our customers and internal customer facing people understand these detailed concerns, explain them to others and plan for how to handle them.
* 3+ years of IT industry experience in support or consulting service, project or program management; or
* 3+ years in IT technology adoption in a major enterprise organization, ideally banking, insurance, tax or other regulated industry; or
* 5+ years of other professional working experience that you can convince us is relevant. We are focused on your ability to manage complex customer, internal, legal, regulatory and technical issues that all affect each other, and drive to an optimal outcome.
* Understands the Microsoft Cloud supporting governance features such as contracts, websites and regulatory documentation. Yes, there will be a test! We're interested in how well you know the MS Cloud and if you could advise people who don't know it well.
* History in project or program management driving, outcomes from multi-disciplinary teams that would not otherwise be achieved. Career aspirations in this area.
* Effective with customers contacts at all levels, from a "nobody" to "the certain somebody" and "everybody in between". Not worried about internal executive dialogs when the facts are on your side.
* Ability to notice and understand the details but convincingly describe the high-level narrative truths.
* Communicates with uncommon skills in writing, and unmatched skills in person.
* Bachelor's Degree level education in a relevant discipline.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Use your demonstrable history of providing great advisory services to help us do the same.
* Use your verifiable knowledge of the Microsoft Cloud offerings to distil Customer regulatory assurance or governance complexity into clear, actionable things for customers to evaluate or do.
* Use your confidence with contracts and regulations to separate the stuff from the fluff and drive MS business.
* Apply your skills at customer influence to help people see the right way to think about their concerns.
* Work in a role that is often going to change, while always remaining essentially the same - bringing the best insights from "inside the cloud" to the Microsoft personnel and customers who need them.
* Using your finely tuned judgement to determine when the conventions must be followed, or, when the conventions are the problem!
* Collaborating closely with salespeople, lawyers, engineers, customers and executives - no two days will be the same - because no two customer situations are the same.
* Be part of making Microsoft's cloud better - use program management skills to drive improvement outcomes for Microsoft.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.