Azure Global drives the expansion of Microsoft Azure worldwide. There is tremendous customer demand for Azure regions that provide hyperscale cloud computing capability while meeting data residency and latency requirements across the world. We work at a scale that is hard to match - Microsoft's Capital Expenditure on datacenters and hardware runs into billions of dollars per year.
To deliver at this scale in a constantly evolving environment, we need an engineering orchestration system that enables a distributed set of teams worldwide to collaborate across planning, design and execution of a variety of projects (e.g. adding new regions). We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to drive us towards this goal.
You will create the vision and roadmap to improve our geo expansion tooling infrastructure, deliver the improvements and get them adopted by teams across C+AI. You will simplify this enormously complex space by democratizing knowledge and eliminating manual bottlenecks. The features you build will streamline projects whose Capital Expenditure runs in hundreds of millions of dollars.
If you have run an online service in a Program Manager role and you gravitate towards engineering systems to solve workflow and collaboration problems, this role may be a good fit for you.
* At least five years of experience driving complex engineering projects across teams.
* At least two years of experience delivering features in a fast paced online services environment.
* At least two years of experience in a developer role.
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Define a vision and roadmap for geo expansion improvement based on feedback from functional users (e.g. project owners) and executive leadership.
* Collaborate with service teams across Azure, Supply Chain and Datacenter organizations to create implementation and adoption plans.
* Deliver feature specs and guide their implementation by your feature crew.
* Monitor the usage of your features and champion user experience.
* Carry out retrospectives to improve your features.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.