Are you passionate about driving defining and driving processes improvements? Azure Sphere is looking for a Program Manager to drive our Release activities.
How many chances do you get in a lifetime to define the next generation of computing? Our team develops Azure Sphere, the newly announced Microsoft solution for creating highly-secured, Internet-connected microcontroller (MCU) devices. Are you interested in helping deliver a product targeted at a multi-billion unit market? Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to connect MCU based devices to the internet. 9 billion MCU based devices are shipped every year, and our team is building a turn-key, end-to-end secure platform (Silicon, OS, and Services) for the internet of things.
Come join us! Team members have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting new project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
* 4+ years of experience in program management, technical content management or related relevant experience.
* Previous experience in release management.
* A BS/MSc in technical field or equivalent technical knowledge.
* Demonstrated ability to come up-to-speed quickly on a new technical domain.
* Self-motivated and proactive with strong organizational and planning skills.
* Team player, confident, independent and enthusiastic!
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will:
* Lead release management activities for Azure Sphere (software lifecycle, own dogfooding and coordination with engineering stakeholders).
* Lead product-wide planning activities
* Proven experience effectively facilitating org-wide reviews and meetings
* Manage multiple projects with critical timelines
* Ship quality products on time
* Help to foster increasing the diversity of thought and ideas within the group.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.