The Senior Program Manager will play a critical role in supporting Akebia's commercial product, Auryxia. This individual will lead the cross-functional Auryxia Global Program Team (GPT) which supports this marketed product. Working with the cross-functional team she/he will develop the project plans to support key initiatives and track progress against the program plan and goals. She/he will responsible for driving effective communication across the organization and to internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a scientific background and experience with a commercialized product.
* Provide leadership, coordination, and cross-functional communication to ensure achievement of program goals and timelines.
* Develop project plans for Auryxia's pediatric development program.
* Identify critical paths and barriers; work with the team to deliver implementation strategies to address barriers and resolve issues impacting execution.
* Proactively manage projects, anticipating issues and potential delays to achieve on-time completion.
* Organize and lead regular project review meetings with cross-functional departments.
* Implement program management tools and templates to facilitate effective planning and communication.
* Manage program timelines and work with the team to identify/define resource needs.
* Support S&OP process and other important cross-functional projects.
* Manage GPT operations (scheduling meetings, sending agendas, defining meeting objectives, preparing minutes, and following-up with team members on critical action items).
* Support the development of regular risk assessments and risk mitigations plans.
* Maintain program-related documentation (including the MS project plan, decision log, risk register and key risks mitigation plan) and ensure appropriate archiving and access to shared information and critical program documents.
* Implement tools and technology within Program Management, or the GPT to enable collaborative work and improve efficiency.
* Manage GPT sub-teams as needed.
* Drive day-to-day performance oversight through the execution of the project plan and interpretation of dashboards, enabling in-depth discussion, holding team members accountable for functional delivery of plans.
* Facilitate effective decision making by coordinating project team meetings with clear agendas, crisp meeting materials to track issues/actions/decisions.
* Communicate across functional and leadership levels to inform project status and risks, as well as elevate issues, present recommendations and implement modifications to project plans.
* Ensure timely, accurate and comprehensive project information is available for governance meetings and/or for wider R&D communication.
* Lead the team in identifying project risks, understanding their impact and implementing mitigation strategies.
* Bachelors' degree. Program or Project Management certification a plus.
* 6+ years of relevant Program or Project Management experience in the Biotech-Pharma industry.
* Experience supporting commercial products and deep understanding of drug development process required.
* Ability to drive decision-making and accountability in a cross-functional environment through strong influence and leadership skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills and an excellent attention to detail.
* Highly motivated and a strong team player who can thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
* Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
* Strong communication and relationship building skills, including the ability to interface across functions within Akebia.
* Ability to manage projects and team members in a matrix environment.
* Strong analytical and technology skills, including proficiency in project planning tools, content management tools, and the Microsoft Project.
* Strong presentation skills.
Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics for patients with kidney disease. The company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit our website at www.akebia.com
Akebia Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all job applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Job Location Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular