At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth and to grow in a safe environment for both our Customers and our associates. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, dynamic and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Catalog Programs and Governance team is part of Amazon Selection Catalog Systems team which builds and manages the backend systems that host the massive Amazon catalog and the tools to manage it. It is at the heart of Amazon's business. The scale and performance challenges being encountered have no precedence elsewhere, requiring us to constantly innovate cutting edge solutions.
Our team owns governance of catalog metadata and business rules by defining clear processes, promotion of those processes, and managing adherence. We work across all markets and categories at Amazon and provide guidance on best practices.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented Senior Program Manager to join the Catalog Program and Governance team. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities and outstanding business acumen. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and will be comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources. The candidate should also have strong communication skills, enabling them to work with key business stakeholders to understand requirements and shape analytical deliverables. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
The role will work with a diverse set of data and cross-functional teams as well as use data to drive process improvement. An ideal candidate is one who enjoys discovering and solving ambiguous problems, can quickly learn complex systems, and enjoys building actionable insights from data.
* Enforce compliance of schema and business rules quality across the catalog
* Research schema standards, create best practices guidelines and provide necessary training to execute
* Manage the intake, intake, and prioritization of requests for metadata and business rules and coordinate implementation by multiple develop/support/operations teams
* Perform audits of catalog schema and business rules on a regular schedule to ensure adherence to defined parameters
* Analyze and fix inconsistencies of existing metadata and business rules
* Manage the "How To" guidelines and policies that need to be adhered to in order to ensure the business and support organization are managing catalog configurations correctly
* Partner with stakeholders across the company to understand their catalog configuration needs and use cases and help align their needs with solutions and oversee governance of the data modeling and catalog business rule customizations
* Drive programs and process improvements using metrics, generate progress reports and conduct ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative analysis as needed
* Effectively manage complex cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks, provide escalations management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business need versus technical constraints and minimize business benefit while building great customer experience
* Use problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
* Gather and analyze large amounts of data and deliver continuous business improvements
* Serve as a bridge between business need and technical implementation
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.