Join us as we take Microsoft Teams, our fast-growing collaboration product to the next level.
We are looking for a passionate product leader to define and deliver new ways to connect people, improve communication, and facilitate collaboration across a wide range of business applications and corporate cultures.
Teams is a hub for collaboration and communication. Our developer platform and extensibility model allows for apps to be integrated inside of Teams allowing end users to get all their work done in a contextually relevant cohesive experience. The developer experience team is at the heart of creating this platform so that the developers have the right tools, capabilities, and APIs to build great Teams apps.
We're looking for a talented Senior Program Manager to continue building on the momentum of the Team's Developer Platform. In this role, you'll own and define first-in-class APIs for how applications can leverage Team's capabilities via the Microsoft Graph and the tools and services available to developers to build and test their integrations in Teams. As the interface to the developer world, you'll have ample opportunities to work closely with customers, partners, and other stakeholders to expose and enable new services and scenarios.
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We're in a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate and deliver value to customers. Our culture is open, respectful and empowering. There are ample opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback. Our colleagues are among the best in the industry and have worked on some of the most successful products in the world. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them. We're also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product
* 3-5 years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services
* Solid understanding of API design and REST APIs, service operations at scale, and general ability to ramp up and go deep in new technical areas. Experience with Microsoft Graph is a plus.
* Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the collaborative leadership skills to lead a change in direction when needed.
* Innate curiosity and ability to thrive in ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment. Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude and bias for action are very welcome.
* Strong project management, leadership, dependency management and cross-group collaboration skills with a track record of managing complex projects with many partners.
* Experience across the entire product lifecycle - from project inception to ship and the know-how required to lead your crew to realize your vision.
* Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
* Great problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Teams deeply committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that the best software comes from diverse, inclusive teams that celebrate the unique backgrounds, perspectives, and skills of all team members. The more we come together, the more we will achieve.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Envision, spec, and ship innovative experiences for messaging
* Measure, track, and grow engaging apps using messaging
* Manage dependencies across teams to ensure that features land on time with the required scope across multiple services
* Engage with customers and internal developers, and triage, prioritize, and address customer feedback for your area
* Regularly present new product plans, demos, competitive reviews, and more to the leadership team
* Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure
* Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.