The Office Media Group has a simple vision - to empower a billion customers to achieve more with media. The team builds services, applications, and experiences that bring the power of media, including photos, video, and more to every customer of Office.
Within OMG, Microsoft Stream's vision is to democratize consumption and creation of videos @ work and make people more productive and connected with video. We are creating a video solution that goes beyond simple tasks like upload and playback and becomes a core part of your company's fabric enabling everyone to learn, anywhere at their own pace. It also helps leaders in organizations to connect with employees. Video adds a human element to communication, and we want Stream to power this for anyone wanting to reach out.
As a member of Microsoft Steam PM team, you will be responsible for owning core aspects of our user experiences and services. In this role you will drive key experiences and feature areas. A successful PM in this area will be someone who can build e2e end user experience and balance that with scale, compliance, security, COGS and other considerations that are key to building a Enterprise-grade services. Equally important for success is a Growth mindset and a "can-do" attitude.
If you are ready to disrupt video and collaboration at work, this is the role for you!
On our team, action is valued highly over discussion, and responsibility for product decisions and customer engagement is placed at the front lines of the team. The team is diverse, humble, and self-critical, and we learn from both our successes and our failures. Finally, the culture within Stream is one of equal opportunity and where having fun together and working collaboratively is as important as the code we deliver, knowing that we can achieve much more together than we can as individuals.
This position is based in Redmond, WA.
* A growth hacker with passion for solving user problems backed with sharp analysis of data
* Strong product management and cross-group collaboration skills
* The ability to wear many hats, learn quickly and change direction when needed
* The ability to think creatively and critically about product features, architecture, and capabilities
* Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment
* Good written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
* Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, service operations at scale, and ability to go deep in technical areas
* Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
* Experience with SaaS applications, building end user experiences
* Experience engaging with large customers and leveraging their feedback to improve products
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* 7+ years of product/program management experience with proven track record and success building end user facing products and services.
* CS Background or equivalent is preferred but not required
* Experience working with modern video modern productivity and collaboration applications and/or cloud services is also preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form. OMG Team
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Build key capabilities for Microsoft Stream
* Own the backlog and deliverables, with clear prioritization, and an urgency for shipping
* Collaborate with engineering and internal/external partners to ensure the experience is fast and fluid
* Plan for and lead product reviews with engineering team and planning reviews with executive leadership
* Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch. The outcome is not achieved simply by launching - continue to monitor outcomes with metrics and design experiments to constantly learn and improve
* Make data-driven decisions and associate key decisions to clear metrics that can be tracked and measured
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.