What you'll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us on digital channels. You will use your experience to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you'll do every single day will make people's lives, work and play better.
We are looking to hire a Senior Production Support Engineer to join the Verizon GTS Team .You will be the face of Verizon Global Technology Solutions (GTS) Call Center Front-Line Mission Critical Application Operations team.
* Provide support role for application, server and database system updates/upgrades and provide validation for the application.
* Create an implementation plan with functional flows, business process, analysis, complete requirements, and testing needs with timelines.
* Troubleshoot, debugs, tests, identify, documents, and installs new applications and programs for infrastructure projects like hardware, software migration.
* Set-up and troubleshoot batch jobs and infrastructure support.
* Improve our service by monitoring KPIs such as Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
* Responsible for investigating hardware/software/network connectivity incidents and tasks utilizing the At Your Service system.
* Ensure a quick/thorough resolution on all incidents and tasks.
* Project management of medium scale projects is also expected due to the growing demand of technology in our business.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience working in operations/support on enterprise level applications.
* Experience in application monitoring and system performance troubleshooting.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or relevant.
* Experience with Java programming language, Spring, Web Services, Java Script (react JS/Angular JS).
* Experience with performance monitoring and visualization tools such as ELK, New relic, Wily.
* Experience using DEVOPS tools including Jira, GIT, Jenkins and/or Confluence.
* Experience with relational data bases; Oracle DB or Postgres.
* Experience with micro services and middleware technologies and architecture.
* Knowledge of key AWS architecture: EC2, ELB, RDS, S3 and Cloud Watch.
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently or in team settings on complex production issues.
* Excellent communication skills, equally comfortable communicating with technical peers or business partners.
* Experience with AWS and supporting cloud based applications.
* Experience supporting vendor supported applications.
* Experience with Service now and change management.
* Experience resulting in ability to maintain high level of customer interaction, engagement and satisfaction.
* Experience solving customer challenges and producing desired results.
* Experience probing technical obstacles and determining root cause; as well as experience of successfully completing project-oriented work.
* Apple IOS and thin client (CITRIX) knowledge.
* AWS certification.
* Willingness to Travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.