Do you like pursuing tough technical and UX challenges? Does the idea of working cross-functionally to solve big, complex problems sound exciting? Do you love handling data as much as overseeing relationships? Do you want to deliver exclusive, beautifully simple products that enable our customers to deliver amazing customer service at scale?
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead development of a new strategy for our Support Data Platform and Ticketing, core functionality of Zendesk Support.
This is an impactful and visible role. Tickets are the main unit of data currency in Zendesk, and there are complex challenges in adapting them to the emergent use cases for our upmarket and omnichannel customers. Because of the importance of the ticket in our product workflows, the person in this role will work on many of Zendesk's most strategic and critical projects.
You'll need to set strategy for everything from APIs to user research to linking tickets and issues to our broader corporate strategy, so a strong technical background alongside strong business discernment is a requirement. You want to make data-driven decisions that help customers succeed and grow our business, and is ready to spec and deliver both big projects and iterative improvements.
If delving into interesting technical and UX challenges and developing new solutions that have an impact on millions of end users sounds exciting, you're going to love this role!
Why you'll want this job:
* This is a significant and highly visible role on a team that is at the core of Zendesk's largest product. In this role, you will:
* define and be responsible for tickets and associated APIs; including how to re-architect tickets to meet our upmarket and omnichannel product needs in the next five years
* work with two strong dev teams - one feature focused, one platform focused - to ship big and small projects with multiple partners
* collaborate with multiple, high profile project teams across the company
* be part of a product and engineering team that values integrity, trust, accountability and problem solving
* have significant opportunity to expand the scope of the role and grow quickly.
What you bring to this role:
* 4+ years of product management experience, ideally with a data driven enterprise-scale B2B SaaS product
* Understanding of standard methodologies in data management, and pros and cons of modern database technologies
* Analytical skills and a real passion for data-driven decision-making
* History of shipping, maintaining and improving impactful, reliable products that have moved the business forward
* Passion for building phenomenal user experiences for a diverse group of customers and end users
* Ability to identify, analyze, synthesize and translate relevant market and customer needs into clear recommendations and product requirements
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.
Zendesk is a company developing a customer support ticketing system and service software.