Spirent Communications prides itself on inspiring innovation in everything we do. This is apparent in our work every day and our team members promote this passion and our future forward vision to our users (both existing and soon-to-be). We are improving network communications one packet at a time with the goals of accelerating time to market and reducing security risk.
Spirent security engineers develop the next-generation solutions to ensure our connected world stays connect and stays secure. Our customers need products and security services to test, measure & securely handle information at massive levels. We're looking for engineers who distance themselves from the norm bringing new ideas from all areas, including virtualization, security, fuzzing, malware, DDoS, IoT, UI design and mobile networks. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Spirent's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push the envelope in our field.
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Product Manager to join our fast-growing Applications and Security (AppSec) team and report to our Head of Products. This is a technical hands-on role driving the vision and delivery of the enterprise security components of the AppSec product line (e.g., products within the CyberFlood and TestCloud product lines) including keeping these components relevant and competitive. You will roll up your sleeves and be in the trenches daily working side-by-side with the assigned agile development teams as well as your fellow product managers to make sure product development projects remain on schedule including accepting completed user stories and customer-facing defect fixes. You will also visit existing and soon-to-be users (e.g., pre-sales opportunities) to make sure your product strategy is meeting / exceeding their expectations while also looking forward to proactively address their next need before they ask. This includes performing market research (both industry and competitive) to define holistic product roadmaps to maintain and extend market leadership within the markets the AppSec product line competes.
The right candidate will have a broad skill set that leverages experiences in technical / agile product management, network security, service provider and enterprise infrastructure, quality assurance, and agile development best practices. This candidate will also have strong analytical and communication skills including the ability to distill the key issues / deliverables from complex problems. Additionally, as an integral part of external case escalation and problem resolution process, the right candidate will be quick and decisive allowing users to get fixes or workarounds to issues impacting their daily work.
Why Spirent.... Because together we can shape tomorrow!
Spirent offers unique career opportunities where you can set your innovative spirit free. Our customers look to us to provide services and products that are at the forefront of the telecom industry. We are large enough to provide a wide-range of opportunities, but small enough for you to make an impact.
Spirent is its people and when you join Spirent, you will work alongside some of the best subject matter experts in the industry. Success is important to us and so is having a work/life balance. We believe that you should be able to pursue your career aspirations in an innovative and creative environment, as well as explore your personal passions. At Spirent, we want you to love your work and your life too!
Your journey begins here. So, let's discover the future together - apply today!
The Senior Product Manager reports directly into the Director, Product Management and is the most senior role within the team with exposure to AppSec team leadership as well as Spirent Executive leadership. The right candidate will:
* Drive the vision and delivery of innovative and competitive security solutions within the AppSec solutions portfolio.
* Maintain in-depth technical knowledge of the AppSec solutions portfolio.
* Conduct market research to identify user need for new features.
* Prioritize solutions opportunities using criteria and requirements defined during research.
* Establish requirements and specifications for existing and new solutions.
* Clearly communicate vision and goals of existing and new solutions.
* Create user stories, including acceptance criteria, that can be completed within a sprint.
* Acceptance of user stories or customer-facing defects upon completion by scrum teams.
* Review and prioritize product and release backlogs.
* Attend daily scrum meetings to clarify any requirements or defects.
* Attend iteration preplanning, planning, demo and retrospective meetings.
* Run cross-functional team meetings in business, product, design, and engineering.
* Perform demos of completed products to internal team members, internal stakeholders, and users (both existing and soon-to-be).
* Develop metrics to assess the success of new solutions and features to determine when enhancements are needed.
* Collaborate with users (both existing and soon-to-be), team members, and outside influencers to ensure everyone has a solid and well-rounded understanding of AppSec security solutions.
* Provide product validation testing assistance as needed to confirm product release candidates.
* Support pre-sales opportunities via on-site visits, presentations and product demonstrations.
* Be able to build and understand pricing and financial models for AppSec security solutions and be able to drive competitive positioning as needed.
* Travel up to 25% of time.
A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or technical related field is required or equivalent work experience. A Master of Science in Computer Science or technical related field is preferred.
Required Skills / Knowledge
* Experience delivering solutions using Agile / Scrum Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Processes.
* A strong understanding of User Centered Design (UCD).
* Experience working with UX Design teams through the UCD process.
* Demonstrated domain experience in layer 4-7 protocols.
* Demonstrated domain experience in network security.
* Ability to learn new technologies related to network security and the expanding enterprise needs to address today's and tomorrow's threats.
* A technical background prior going into the product world role is a big plus.
* Comfortable making presentations to executives (both internal and external executives).
* Comfortable leading technical meetings, both internal & client facing.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated ability to build trust and strong relationships.
* Strong conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
* Experience working in a highly collaborative and dynamic team environment.
* SaaS service experience or enterprise solutions experience desired.
* Big Data experience a big plus.
* PO/PM certifications are a plus but not required.
Spirent Communications is a provider of test and measurement solutions to develop devices and equipment and to operate networks.