What you'll be doing…
Development of the many solutions that enable our customers to see and understand their data requires a world-class environment of development tools and services. Tableau's goal is to delight our customers and the goal of our Performance Tools team is to delight our engineering organization. We want our engineers to be efficient, productive, and to have all the tools and systems they need to do their job well. We want new engineers joining our company to use our tools to develop and release products and exclaim, "Wow, I always knew it could be like this!"
Some of the things you'll be doing include…
As a Senior Product Manager for Performance, you will be responsible for representing our development team's needs as our team of exceptional developers and test engineers develop and deploy of a world class Software Development Engineering environment. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in development of performance validation tools and processes for desktop and server products across multiple platforms. You will understand the challenges and opportunities of measuring the detecting performance regressions, understanding the customer impact and appropriate prioritizing effort to constantly improve performance. Tableau's product performance is a major differentiator in the market and this position must be able to hold the entire development organization accountable to maintaining our leadership. You must be bold, persuasive, and possess exceptional communication skills. You will be responsible for improving Tableau engineering operational efficiency while rolling out new solutions with excellent performance, reliability, quality, and security. This team has the opportunity to significantly impact the productivity of every development engineer in the company and to provide meaningful insights into the processes and systems utilized by the development organization.
This position requires a solution-oriented candidate with deep engineering understanding of the unique challenges of performance testing and validation, tools, and processes. You must have an analytical mindset and the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups to solve development engineering problems. You will provide vision and strategy leading to systems and solutions that meet the demands of a rapidly expanding engineering organization. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the Tableau engineering organization.
Who you are….
* Educated. A bachelor's degree in computer science, or engineering is required. An advanced degree from a highly respected academic institution is strongly preferred
* 5+ years as a developer, test developer, or software program manager
* 3+ years of Software development tools experience
* Deep experience with performance measuring and validation
* Literate in data technology
* Mentor. Experience building and mentoring engineering teams
* Knowledgeable. Some knowledge in application development using PYTHON preferred. Some knowledge of Perforce, TeamCity, and Artifactory or similar technologies preferred
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!