Senior Product Manager - Application Platform Seattle, WA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
As the Product Manager within the Application Platform PM team, you will be responsible for setting direction and driving major initiatives across our platforms. The Application Platform team is responsible for the application services, development life cycle and core client SDK for all applications (including UI frameworks) built at Dropbox. As such, your work is highly leveraged and has the potential to impact the speed of Dropbox product development and the quality of end-user experiences.
You will have significant strategic impact and influence in the direction of the company, and be directly responsible for the platforms on which Dropbox products are built. Your work will range from low-level abstractions to make development easier, applications more robust, release processes and gating to empower product teams to experiment, and to advance native and cross-platform frameworks. You'll be working with an amazing team of talented, passionate product managers, engineers and designers from across teams and functions.
* You will drive major aspects of Dropbox's platform strategy, spearhead key initiatives and drive cross-functional alignment and progress
* You will lead the cross-functional teams across Desktop, Mobile and Web Platforms - in close partnership with Platform engineering to drive tradeoffs given product and business exigencies
* You will work closely with internal stakeholders across Product, Product Engineering, Customer Support, and Sales to deeply understand and address platform needs
* You will be a champion of Dropbox's users, especially in areas where platform decisions can have material user impact
* You will partner with Marketing and PR to share the impact of the team's work with the world
* Proven experience building great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, tradeoffs and timelines.
* Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
* Launched successful products, preferably on desktop platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux)
* Strong communication, influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to craft clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud and client software.