Milliman's MedInsight group develops industry-leading analytic content for the healthcare industry. We empower clinical and financial teams who tireless work to make the US healthcare system more affordable and efficiency. We distribute our content via data warehouse and decision support solutions for major health care companies across the United States, both insurers and providers. Our clients range from individual health plans and accountable care organizations to large, complex multi-payer collaboratives. Our team develops industry-leading data warehouse and decision support solutions for major healthcare companies across the United States, both Insurers and Providers.
We are looking for a hands-on Product Manager interested in a full-time opportunity in our Seattle location. This person's primary duty will be to assist in the support of our data mart products.
The environment is fast-paced and innovative. Our team is highly self-directed. We are looking for others to join us who will take ownership of responsibility, work collaboratively and always look for ways to add to the personal and professional growth of the company and their peers.
As a Product Manager, this professional will join our team to assist in all phases of the software development life cycle in order to help us develop analytical tools for the health industry. Ability to assist management of multiple projects in varying stages of implementation. Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. A self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment. Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, i.e. plan, organize, delegate, problem solve and meet established deadlines. Ability to prioritize work under time pressure. Follow-through and exceptional attention to detail on all project tasks is essential. Must possess the ability to learn quickly.
* Perform tasks in support of a systems development lifecycle including: requirements definition, functional specifications, use case scenarios, test plans, documentation, training, and implementation;
* Help define the product strategy and roadmap for our software products;
* Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and features;
* Perform competitive analysis and value proposition differentiation;
* Analyze data in medical informatics and managed care business intelligence;
* Gain an in-depth understanding of customer data for purposes of modeling, mapping and integrating data into a data warehouse;
* Train new users on the system and assisting with change management for new releases; developing test plans; testing new applications and maintenance releases;
* Establish, review, and validate action and decisions relative to system design and programming; and
* Provide timely response to technical and business related questions/issues and providing consultative advice on use of data in meeting customer objectives.
Skills and Requirements
Candidates must be team players with excellent interpersonal skills. They must also have solid, proven experience developing commercial quality business software applications.
* 5+ years of experience in commercial software product management;
* Bachelor's degree in health sciences or information management or equivalent work experience;
* Working knowledge of SQL and relational database systems;
* Experience with Excel and MSFT Office products;
* Ability to analyze user requests, define requirements, develop project plans and report conclusions;
* Ability to work creatively and flexibly, both independently and as part of a team;
* Attention to fine details and work processes;
* Desire and ability to learn new skills, systems and processes; and
* Good organizational, and written and oral communications skills.
* Working knowledge of healthcare data; and
* Working knowledge of standard clinical terminologies and coding systems.
About Milliman's MedInsight Software Team
Milliman is one of the world's largest independent professional services firms. Founded in 1947, the firm provides consulting services to clients in four practice areas: healthcare, life insurance and financial services, employee benefits and pensions, and property and casualty insurance. Today, Milliman has more than 3,500 employees, $1 billion in annual revenue, and more than 60 offices worldwide.
The Milliman MedInsight practice has assisted many healthcare organizations in evaluating and developing solutions to complex business problems. Our consultants are experienced in the key issues related to healthcare operations and the use of technology to support those operations. We provide management and analytic consulting services to a wide range of clients, including insurers, managed care organizations, healthcare provider organizations, employers, and other organizations that provide or support the delivery of healthcare services.
NOTE: Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The Seattle Technology and Operations Solutions (TOPS) Practice does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining or maintaining H-1B, O-1, or other nonimmigrant work authorizing status for this position.