Shutterstock is a technology company that powers one of the world's largest marketplaces for high-quality photos, illustrations, videos and music used by businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations of all sizes.
Shutterstock is made up of independent thinkers, technologists, and designers - working collaboratively to do compelling work, create cool stuff, and inspire each other. In the process, we're building sophisticated tools to help the world experience images, footage, and music in a more beautiful way.
The Shutterstock UX & Product Design team is responsive and know what our customers are doing and what platform they're doing it on. We think globally and always advocate for the user. That means quantitative, qualitative and analytical research. It also means a lot of collaboration with product owners and developers. And because we're agile, we are quick on our feet and know how to iterate. But most of all we are compassionate - we want to solve problems and solve them with integrity.
* Act as a cross-functional design lead within the UX & Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to ensure consistency and to make their work and the whole team better
* Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products/features, then sketching and prototyping these ideas to create user-centered designs
* Simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant design solutions by considering data, user feedback, and technical constraints/opportunities
* Work with the research team to lead qualitative research studies and better understand customer behavior and attributes
* Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, working closely with developers to see your design through to deployment
* Proactive in leading improvements in standards and visual design processes to support a continuous improvement approach, meet customer needs and drive business initiatives
* Communicate complex business logic and interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
* Exceptional systems thinking and ability to map out complex information architectures in the form of site maps and user flows
* Embrace A/B testing as a methodology to understand what design and interactions work best toward acquiring more customers and retaining them
* Earn trust with technical credibility, pragmatic decision making, and strong follow through working with cross-functional teams
* Serve as the voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate when considering design decisions that will impact both customers and contributors
* 5+ years of experience with designing digital products and building high-performance ecommerce sites
* 1+ years experience leading a major design initiative and mentoring team members
* Degree in User Experience Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Motion, Architecture, Urban Planning, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree)
* A strong online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes)
* Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Abstract, Framer, Principle
* You have a design aesthetic. Your documents are simple, informative and filled with value
* You are a master of your craft and know design trends and patterns, while also staying aware of technological feasibility
* You are comfortable working in the Agile methodology and how UX fits into that practice
* You are able to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
* You enjoy collaborating with marketing and brand teams to ensure strong visual design and consistent brand expression
* You listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills and can articulate your decision and design process
* You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace
* You have the ability to influence peers and managers to build consensus
* You have a curiosity that drives you to look at the world as a solution instead of just existing patterns and mental models
* You enjoy working with a great group of designers, who genuinely care about design, and each other
* You are passionate about developing and mentoring junior design talent
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstock is a stock photography agency providing photographs, illustrations, vectors, videos and music to businesses and individuals.