We are hiring a Product Designer to help design the future of healthcare. We believe that healthcare should be easy, streamlined, and transparent. You'll work closely with product managers, engineers, and other product designers to build digital tools for providers and network teams. These tools to ensure providers can spend more time with patients than managing the nitty gritty of running a practice. As well as help us scale into new markets and manage existing networks. We're a collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. That means the lines between disciplines become blurred and the impact you can have is huge.
Who are you?
* A designer with 3+ years of experience in the digital product space
* Portfolio demonstrating your ability to solve difficult problems through multiple case studies
* Exceptional foundational design skills (typography, composition, overall strong design sensibilities) and a fundamental understanding of front-end development
* Committed to creating elegant, simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows
* Experience collaborating with product managers and engineers on product briefs, scoping projects, roadmapping, QA, and facilitating progress at all stages of a project
* Iterative design methodologies drive your ability to gather feedback early and often
* Experience utilizing user research, analytics, experimentation, and strategy to validate design decisions
* Capable of balancing user and business needs
* Experience working in-house on an integrated product, engineering, and design team
* Excited to contribute and take ownership of an application
* Flexible in a fast-changing startup environment (able to "roll with the punches")
* Sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills
* Overly communicative with an evolving toolbox of communication and teamwork styles
What your day-to-day will look like:
* Lead collaborative sessions with your team to discover solutions
* Collaborate with other product designers to give and get feedback on work
* Contribute to the Oscar mobile and web design system
* Help providers understand the benefits and coverage status of Oscar members
* Enroll providers in our scheduling program with tools that make it possible for Oscar members to book appointments online
* Make it easier for providers to get access to our provider portal and navigate the full range of functionality
We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. Oscar has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a note with links to your work and experience.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
About Oscar Insurance
Oscar is a health insurance company that employs technology, design and data to humanize health care.