Design at Compass
Compass is a real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
Designers lead the full lifecycle of their designs across all platforms, collaborate with product managers on strategy, participate in research to test and validate designs, and consult with engineering to make everything come to life.
About the Role
This role is to join our Productivity Apps team: responsible for creating a cohesive and unified workflow across an optimized set of agent tools. We make it easier for our agents to manage and prioritize their daily tasks and facilitate meaningful discovery and communication between agents and their clients.
What We Look For:
We're looking for an experienced product designer who loves and has had success in simplifying complex workstreams into simple, intuitive experiences. You bring a solid knowledge of best practices and a keen ability to leverage data insights to substantially improve the value and performance of the products you work on. You value feedback, care deeply about quality, and are outcomes focused.
While this isn't a managerial role, you will help drive critical thinking and team alignment around solving the right problems. You are a meaningful contributor to strategic thinking and planning and are comfortable thinking two or three quarters ahead. You enjoy mentoring designers and can effectively share and communicate your design process in a way contributes to the growth of others.
In addition to being a strategic partner, you love to execute the creation of great user experiences: mapping seamless flows, contributing components to our design system, and geeking out on UI details or interaction patterns. You're hands-on and excited to roll up your sleeves and get things done as part of a dynamic team.
You have pixel-perfect standards with exceptional interaction design skills and an eye for accessibility and usability. You'll collaborate with front-end and back-end engineers to ensure well-executed, high-quality experiences on Web, iOS, and Android.
You have extensive knowledge of best-in-class industry standard patterns across web and native mobile platforms and an understanding of how to best integrate these patterns into our system. You also have a strong knowledge of platform affordances and how to use their constraints to enhance the features you design.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
* Own the iterative design process of major feature initiatives from concept to shipping
* Meaningfully collaborate with PMs on product specs.
* Participate in extensive user research, identifying key pain points and solving for them.
* Pair with engineers to realize your designs on all platforms (web, iOS, Android).
* Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, throughout various industries and platforms.
* Participate in sprint planning and quarterly roadmap discussions.
* Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact
* At least 5-7 years experience designing enterprise and/or enterprise software
* Thinks in terms of design systems and makes rational and logical design decisions
* Knowledge of modern, emerging web and mobile UI patterns and design tools
* Flourishes in an environment of continuous learning and eager to advance your craft further
* Strong technical background with an understanding of the basics of modern applications
* Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-functional teams
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place.