Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use tools for teaching and learning. Our goal is simple; create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here's your opportunity.
We're hiring a Senior Product Designer in our San Diego office who is passionate about technology and professional development to help build our corporate suite of products (Portfolium).
We are looking for a talented UX craftsperson with a passion for combining seamless interaction with beautiful visual design. Your work needs to be easy to navigate and comprehend, logically organized, accessible, and in-tune with the latest web technologies. Your focus will be delivering the highest standard of usability and simplicity to the software's end users. In other words, we want to delight our users with an exceptional experience.
What you will be doing:
* Find ways to solve complex interaction and visual design problems
* Play an influential role in the design of new products and features
* Produce high-quality designs in a quick, iterative fashion
* Engage in user research activities with our customers
* Build rapid prototypes for user testing
* Work with Product and Engineering to ensure the highest quality designs and functionality
Here is what you will need to know/have:
* Self-motivated with a passion for design
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
* A good understanding of design process as it relates to web applications
* The ability to iterate rapidly
* 5+ years of UX and UI design experience
* Photoshop, and Illustrator or Sketch skills
* Familiarity with HTML and CSS
* Rapid prototyping experience (such as InVision) desired
* User research experience desired
* You will need to include a digital portfolio of your best work demonstrating rock-solid experience in information architecture and interaction design
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
* Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
* Employee stock purchase plan
* 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
* HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
* Tuition reimbursement
* Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
* Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
* Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
We participate in eVerify. Equal Opportunity Employer