At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer, Platform Experience focusing on Marketplace, you'll be responsible for designing mission critical tools that our Tech and Ops teams use to manage Uber's global ridesharing business. These tools enable teams to test and launch new features, monitor and diagnose the health of our markets, and conduct financial planning together. You'll collaborate with design-oriented engineers, product managers, and some of the world's best designers and researchers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
* Own design problems end-to-end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
* Create wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
* Design systems to create simple, elegant experiences
* Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
* Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
* Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers. There will be ample opportunities for travel for research and inspiration
* Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
* Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
* Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole Marketplace Tools experience
What you'll need
* Experience leading product design, at least 3-5 years but potentially much more
* Exceptional UX (interaction design) skills, strong UI (visual design) skills
* A portfolio demonstrating your high quality designs and problem solving ability
* Experience designing complex web tools for enterprise or consumer applications
* Experience working with data security, data visualization, fintech, or machine learning technologies
* Consumer mobile design experience a plus
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong presentation and storytelling skills
* Ability to manage stakeholders, requirements, and deliverables independently
* Growth mindset
About the team
The Planning & Control design team is part of Studio 12 in San Francisco. Our work spans across multiple product organizations within Uber including Marketplace, Finance, Risk, and Payments. We believe that magical experiences should not be limited to consumer apps; we strive to create magical experiences for our employees using our tools worldwide.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.