Want to help thousands of teams around the world improve how they collaborate and build software? The Denver-based Pivotal Tracker team is looking for a product designer with balanced team, user-centered design, and lean product experience.
Our culture provides opportunity to explore around the product decisions we're researching, building, and investing in. Some of your work will involve practical user interface design, applied to software used by thousands of teams around the globe; other work will be speculative, generative explorations performed with the team (i.e., product managers, testers, and developers) to flesh out, frame, and help prioritize solutions in an ever-evolving and competitive market space.
You are a creative problem solver who is comfortable with uncertainty and can lead the design effort to make better product decisions. You empower others to participate in design and enjoy collaborating with other disciplines. You are curious and a keen learner who thrives on enhancing your own practices and knowledge. Your portfolio demonstrates that you've worked in complex environments on challenging problems. In addition, you should be excited to do the following:
* Build and share empathy with customers in order to deeply understand them and their needs,
* Advocate, mentor, and educate on the benefits of design thinking to product teams, new designers, and leadership alike, and
* Lead through empathy, integrity, and highly effective interpersonal communication.
Product designers at Pivotal Tracker ensure we solve the right problems and understand user needs to deliver a product that has real impact. We espouse a lean/iterative mentality, and try not to treat design artifacts as precious.
You are a "full stack" designer in the sense that you are willing to help out on any of the dimensions of design - research, testing, ux, visual, css, etc. It's ok if you're not an expert in every speciality! We don't expect you to know everything - we just want you to be curious and eager to learn.
You are working with a cross-disciplinary product team and pair with everyone - developers, product managers, testers, and other designers. You demonstrate the value of agile design and the importance of user testing in making smart product choices.
In the spirit of agile design, you have the opportunity to experiment with process. Do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don't work.
We're looking for…
* At least eight years of product design experience, ideally in Enterprise with web-based or mobile products
* Ability to work across all aspects of the design process with a depth of knowledge in at least one area (ex. user research, interaction design, visual design)
* Ability to maintain and advocate for a user-centered approach while respecting business
* Expertise in user-centered design principles and methodologies and interest in teaching others
* Desire to demonstrate thought leadership to Pivots and the design community
* Ability and desire to work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, testers, support, customers, stakeholders, and other designers
* Ability to communicate effectively with a large team that represents various perspectives and needs
* Experience working in a complex problem-space
* Ability and acumen to work at different levels of scope and abstractions
* Experience and curiosity with agile and lean philosophies
* Knowledge of modern front-end systems and open source frameworks (iOS, Android, Bootstrap, responsive patterns, etc.)
What it's like to work at Pivotal
At Pivotal, we are opinionated about the cultural qualities that contribute to better digital products. Engineers, designers, and product managers practice cross-discipline pairing because we know this is how to grow skills, increase collaboration, and deliver remarkable results. We work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently, so that we are able to meet new challenges and explore new ideas.
Our methodology is about evolving-in both development and innovation-and our culture is empowering. We subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission: to transform how the world builds software.
Interested in joining the Pivotal Tracker team? We're seeking more amazing product designers to add to our team. Apply by sending us a link to your portfolio, a resume, and cover letter.
Pivotal is a software company that provides digital transformation technology and services.