* BS or MS in Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, HCI or equivalent experience
* 4+ years of hands on experience developing digital products across different mediums like web and mobile (familiarity with an Enterprise or agency setting is a plus)
* Ability to design and execute qualitative and quantitative research programs that generate insights to inform the design process
* Ability to create professional-quality, well-designed project deliverables that clearly and persuasively communicate the UX/UI design for a product and the reasoning behind it (e.g. work plans, research protocols, research findings, personas, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and product specs).
* Experience creating user interfaces for software products that can be mapped directly to the business and user requirements of the project as well as clearly embody the UX strategy
* Interaction and Visual design skills including user of a diverse set of tools, e.g. Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative suite, OmniGraffle, etc.
* Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
* Strong ability to collaborate effectively with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented, and the usability of products is optimized despite underlying system complexity or constraints
* Experience working with distributed teams
* Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment and embark on regional and global travel as needed
Who You'll Work With
You'll join us in our New York office as part of the Technology function at McKinsey & Company, where we are developing the tools to power the next generation of management consulting. Here, we do not accept our esteemed organization's past success, but challenge it, as we utilize design thinking and digital technologies to create new ways of working that will define the future of how McKinsey delivers professional services.
You will be a core member of the Design & Innovation team. You will be part of a global team that is distributed across Boston, New York, New Delhi, and Prague.
The Design & Innovation team is responsible for using user-centered methods to inform the development and delivery of technology-enabled products and services used across the firm. This work ensures that we create experiences that make the work of our colleagues faster, easier and more effective. And that we incubate new ways of working that will move the firm forward.
What You'll Do
You will contribute to all aspects of the product development lifecycle-from research and ideation through to detailed design and delivery - with an emphasis on rapid prototyping, frequent validation with end users, and creatively approaching constraints.
You will collaborate closely with product managers, developers and other disciplines to identify what will be most critical to the success of a product, what it should feel like to interact with a product or service across multiple touchpoints, and to define how we bring that experience into reality. In this work, you will actively look for opportunities to apply new tools and technologies that can help enrich the capabilities the firm provides to our colleagues to do their work.
You will also have the opportunity to be an advocate and coach for design thinking, helping others in the firm develop their knowledge, skills, and capabilities in the use of empathetic, inventive and iterative methods for product development.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.