Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Entering ManTech's 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nations most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Senior Principal Software Vulnerability Researcher, in the Vienna, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The NIS Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer's success is driving our growth.
Major Job Functions:
* Reverse engineer software for security mechanism bypass
* Develop computer code in multiple languages as applicable
* Develop instrumentation in support of primary tasks
* Follow Agile Scrum methodology
* Take self initiative to remain knowledgeable of evolving trends in offensive and defensive cyber tools, tactics, and procedures
* Perform as a team member in the research of software vulnerabilities
* Perform as a team lead on projects when suitable
* Provides computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments
* Conducts vulnerability assessments/penetration tests of information systems
* Researches and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption
* Assists in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer network intrusions
Individuals must be a U.S. Citizen and either hold an active US Security Clearance or must be eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance.
Applicants with the appropriate skills but without a security clearance are still encouraged to apply. If you are the right fit for the job, we will make it happen.
Applicants will be subject to a government security background investigation.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelors degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Software Engineering or a related field preferred
* A passion for low-level software development and engineering
* Knowledge of operating system fundamentals, including interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers, boot procedures, and memory management techniques
* Knowledge of operating system internals, development and integration of code within the operating system kernel, kernel debugging, assembly (x86 and 64-bit Intel / AMD, MIPS)
* Knowledge of file systems, networking, and protocol stacks
* In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows internals
* In-depth knowledge of compilers, operating systems, and/or program analysis
* Experience in reverse engineering
* Experience in vulnerability research
* Experience in C and C++ programming
Note: Candidates of all experience levels (junior through senior) are encouraged to apply!
* Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
* Analytical and critical thinking skills
* Multi-tasking ability
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.