Raytheon's Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions. We are looking to hire a Senior Principal Software Engineer [Embedded Systems] to join the team.
Some of the deliverables include:
* Implementation of the software life cycle which encompasses requirement definition, software development, module integration and software verification as well as troubleshooting, generating and resolving software change requests and testing and integration of delivered software.
* Additional responsibilities include: software development of command, control, and telemetry of various space-based sensors and control mechanisms, and unit and module software test activities.
* Apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies and concepts exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in the architecture, design, development, and test of SW products.
* Be an experienced and effective communicator, task leader and technical decision maker.
* Follow and/or recommend changes to processes and procedures.
* Provide and meet budget and schedule requirements.
* Prepare and present or support presentations to management and customers.
* Produce documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts.
* 8+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team software engineering development.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree.
* 10+ years of experience in an embedded setting.
* Must have practical experience using C/C++language.
* Has developed software executing on embedded RTOSs (such as VxWorks or Integrity).
* Must have experience in integration and test with embedded processors.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and strong team-player.
* US Citizen and ability to access to US only data.
* SCI with in-scope (5yr) SSBI OR Top Secret with in-scope (5yr) SSBI.
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
* Experience with Model Based Software Development.
* Experience with Interfaces: SpaceWire.
* Experience with software implementation of timing and controls.
* Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases.
* Experience with Built in Test (BIT) implementation.
* Experience with tools such as RHAPSODY, JIRA, VectorCast, and GoogleTest.
* Experience with Agile-Scrum Methodology.
* Understanding of software development best practices and processes.
* Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools.
143075BR 143075 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.