Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
Oracle Corporation is making huge global investments to deliver the most open, secure, reliable, and transformative IaaS platform to help its customers through their generational shift to the cloud. The company is reengineering its vast array of software and hardware assets and retooling its sales and engineering practices to position itself as the best cloud platform leader. Cloud BizOps team supports Oracle's Cloud executive leadership team to work through the many business challenges as we bring new best in class compute, storage, networking, database, and middleware services to market.
As part of this unique team that works directly with engineering, product management, finance, product marketing, and sales; you will fully submerge yourself in data from multiple sources to build and manage our analytic reporting strategy. The role will require you to understand complex data to develop and maintain valuable reports that drive business insights to grow Oracle's IaaS and PaaS business.
Skills and Experience We are Seeking:
* 6 years of work experience focused on data visualization quantitative analysis
* Ability to create executive level presentations and present findings to senior leadership team
* Understanding of data warehousing concepts (ETL, data modeling, reporting), data mining, machine learning and data sciences
* Install and configure OBIEE, ODI and Oracle's pre-built applications
* In-depth expertise in SQL, PL/SQL, R, and Python
* Developer knowledge of any combination of the following: XML, Java/J2EE, Javscript, Application Developer Framework, Oracle Application Express (Apex), BI Publisher, Oracle Middleware and Database Technologies
* ER Data Modeling expertise
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
* Minimum of 3 years in enterprise software and/or cloud business
* Minimum 8 years' relative work experience in technology industry
* BS in Computer Science / Management Science / Engineering; MS Preferred
* History of working with Finance, Sales, and Marketing teams on initiatives using analysis skills to project direction
* Enjoy working with data!
Desirable qualifications for this position are (one or more):
* Experience as a software developer and/or data scientist supporting sales teams
* Experience with scripting languages
* Experience with cloud technologies / deployments
* Exposure to infrastructure planning, capacity planning
* Exposure to metering, billing, payment, and financial systems
* Detailed Description
As a team lead, you will be influencing the growth and success of Oracle Cloud IaaS and PaaS business by supporting the executive leadership team. Example of projects range from the very strategic to the very operational: Go-to-market planning, revenue forecasting, capacity planning, data center region planning, Service Discount rate, purchase patterns, sales pipeline analysis, market analyst briefings, competitive market analysis. Deliverables include robust analytic models, monthly / quarterly business reviews, ad-hoc analysis, sales dashboards, and the packaging of data into query-able data sets. Goal is to provide leadership team a complete 360-degree view of our cloud business (sales, consumption, support, customer churn).
Candidate will be the BI subject matter expert on topics related to platform usage, bookings, revenue, and capacity. He/She will be responsible for gathering requirements, managing development of new reporting dashboards, including maintaining and enhancing. Additionally, responsible for ad-hoc analysis requests and delivering monthly and quarterly business reviews.
An ideal Candidate should be comfortable working with technical and non-technical stakeholders, enjoying work with data, must be a team player, have a startup mindset, willing to manage multiple priorities and able to deal with ambiguity effectively. Candidate will be based at Oracle HQ - Redwood Shores; but will be required to travel as needed (~20%) to meet with IaaS and PaaS Business stakeholders (engineering and product management), plus supporting data science teams. Majority of travel will be to Seattle, WA.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.