What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Principal Red Team Engineer, you will lead the design and execution of campaign-based security testing for Verizon, covering multiple types of targets. You will evaluate environments, applications, systems, or processes to discover weaknesses and subsequently leverage those discoveries into actionable real world attack strategies. Other responsibilities include:
* Performing and leading a full scope of Red Team testing, including network penetration, web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, threat analysis, wireless network assessments, social-engineering testing, and IDS/IPS/HIDS/HIPS evasion techniques.
* Developing comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
* Helping define the Red Team strategy to further enhance the company's security posture.
* Communicating findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel.
* Providing risk-appropriate and pragmatic recommendations to correct vulnerabilities found.
Configuring and safely utilizing attacker tools, tactics, and procedures for Verizon environments.
* Developing scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Verizon's red teaming processes.
* Assisting with scoping and leading exercises.
* Driving technical oversight and mentoring less experienced staff during penetration and analysis efforts.
* Providing leadership and guidance to advance the defensive capabilities of the team and its subsequent ability to defend the Verizon Enterprise.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in a technical field.
* Ten or more years of experience in two or more of the following:
* Network penetration testing and manipulation of network infrastructure.
* Mobile and/or web application assessments.
* Email, phone, or physical social-engineering assessments.
* Shell scripting or automation of simple tasks using Perl, Python, or Ruby.
* Developing, extending, or modifying exploits, shellcode or exploit tools.
* Source code review for control flow and security flaws.
* Experience with Red, Blue, or Purple teaming exercises.
* Strong knowledge of tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing, such as Kali Linux, Metasploit, Burp suite, Core Impact, Cobalt Strike, Nessus, Web Inspect, and Scuba.
* Knowledge of common hosting environments such as containerization platforms (e.g., Docker and Kubernetes) and virtual machines running under hypervisors.
* An implementation level knowledge with all common classes of modern exploitation (e.g., XSS, XMLi, SQLi).
* Knowledge of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels.
* Mastery of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including bash and Powershell.
* Programming skills as well as the ability to read and assess applications written in multiple languages (e.g., JAVA, .NET, C#).
* Industry certifications (e.g., OSCP/OSCE, OSWE, GPEN, GCIH, GWAPT, or GXPN).
* A continuous learner with the desire to stay current on security trends, tool, technologies and best practices.
* The aptitude in the security of operating systems, networking and protocols, firewalls, databases and middleware applications, forensics, scripting, and programing with the ability to mentor and lead junior technical testers and effectively translate highly technical information to internal customers in a way that supports CIS and broader Verizon goals.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.