Northrop Grumman Corporation
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman's Army Knowledge Online (AKO) program is seeking a security-minded Senior Principal Monitoring Engineer to join our team in Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
The Senior Monitoring Engineer will be responsible for developing a plan, designing and implementing technologies for the re-introduction of monitoring services for AKO. This role involves creating standard processes and procedures for the monitoring of the AKO hardware and software. The Engineer must be able to work effectively with the Enterprise Architects, OS engineers, and operation support teams to develop guidelines and serve as a subject matter expert for the enterprise monitoring solution.
* Analyzing requirements, designing, implementing and maintaining enterprise monitoring tools and the supporting infrastructure
* Developing and implementing custom Solar winds dashboards and alerts to meet the requirements of the application teams, customers and other support teams
* Defining, creating, and maintaining processes required to monitor production and development environments to ensure a proactive approach for addressing alerts or problems
* Defining and maintaining monitoring products and component standards for monitoring capabilities to deliver a flexible, scalable, secure, reliable, resilient, and cost effective set of datacenter and cloud monitoring services
* Working with application teams, customers and other support teams to co-ordinate and facilitate incident triage and timely resolution of production monitoring issues
* Managing tickets and service requests to ensure resolution in a timely and efficient manner
* Developing standard operating procedures and user guides for the enterprise monitoring solutions
* Identifying and developing ways to improve and automate monitoring to gain operational efficiencies and improve responsiveness
* A Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) related field with a minimum of 9 years relevant experience OR a Master's degree in a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) related field with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience OR a PhD in a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) related field with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
* A minimum 2 years of experience in the Solar Winds monitoring toolset
* A minimum 5 years of experience with monitoring enterprise environments
* An active CompTIA Security CE (or equivalent IAT Level II baseline certification) or CISSP
* Must have or be able to obtain an Army Approved Computing Environment Certificate (CEC) within 6 months of starting employment
* An Interim Secret security clearance (or higher) to start with the ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance once aboard
* Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP)
* Experience with automation monitoring with Cloud Automation tools
* Ability to develop standard operating procedures and project documentation
* Familiarity with principles and practice of system configuration and change management
* 2 years of experience in scripting development
* Experience with ServiceNow administration and integration
* Experience with IT service management best practices such as change, problem, incident, configuration and service level management
* Network Topology Mapper
* Customer scripting experience for producing synthetic application transaction
* Excellent communication skills to explain technical information and requirements effectively to others both orally and written.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.