Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Senior Principal Information Assurance Engineer position will be located in Herndon, VA.
* Selected candidate will coordinate with the DoD and Pentagon information security groups to maintain system compliance.
* Candidate will be responsible with managing the annual assessment as part of the ongoing Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
* This includes all documentation, identification of findings, and working with the on-site operations team and customer to implement corrective actions.
* Additional duties include intrusion detection monitoring of the AWS systems using tools such as Splunk to ensure the effectiveness of implemented security measures.
* Coordinate with DISA and other agencies to implement and monitor Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security System (HBSS).
* Ensure compliance with all security directives and policies as required by DISA and DoD agencies including the implementation of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STiG).
* Good communications skills are required to keep the customer informed about new directives and policies and their potential impacts on the system performance and reliability.
* The ability to manage implementation of new policies in a production environment while minimizing the impacts on the end users is necessary to maintain a positive user experience.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years related technical experience required. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
* Active Secret Security Clearance with SSBI is required.
* Security certification or equivalent certification for DoD 8570 compliance is required.
* CISSP or CCSP Certification is required.
* Knowledge and experience with Operating Systems (Windows Server 2008, 2012, Linux).
* Knowledge of RMF process and experience with managing assessments.
* Knowledge of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Cyber Security.
* Experience with system monitoring tools such as Splunk, HBSS, etc.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Interface effectively with customers on a daily basis.
* Experience managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud systems and deployments.
* Experience writing Linux scripts including PERL.
* Knowledge of IIS, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, DNS, and Oracle.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.