Senior Front-end Developer - Agents & Partners
Advance your Information Technology (IT) career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Front-end Developer who is passionate about UI development, solving technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, so are persistence, patience and communication. You will be part of a highly performing Agile team working to build the best-in-class book transfer solutions within the Agent and Partner Technology of Global Retail Markets.
* Under general supervision, work closely with a team of developers, testing engineers and user experience designers to build new features our customers love and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable
* Develops and enhances low to medium complexity applications from general specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those software applications.
* Competent to independently work on most phases of development activities; requires instruction and guidance in phases.
* Analyzes low to medium complexity technical system problems.
* Use your ReactJS, Java/OOP knowledge, database, web API and UI skills to design, implement, test and deliver highly scalable products
* Support interactions with customers and development team to define/refine user stories and estimate the work
* Partner with application/data technologists/architects as well as other application teams to implement solutions and ensure effective integration with downstream systems.
* Master our development process, culture, code base and build/deployment pipeline, improve it.
* Mentor Agile team members in development technologies, tools, and best practices
* Knowledgeable in Behavioral Driven Development. Capable of Node.js scripting and API automated test designs. Experience with testing tools such as Cypress and Jest is a plus.
* Exposure to modern web principles that promote responsive design and cross-browser, cross-device and cross-platform
* Knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, BS or MS in Computer Science preferred.
Other desired skills:
* Analytic tool such as Heap
* Knowledge/Exposure to Java/Spring cloud-based technologies, including AWS and Cloud Foundry
* Knowledge of backend/RESTful services
* SQL Server databases
* Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership and accountability.
* Passion for continuous improvement in building knowledge base technically and professionally
Benefits & Culture:
In GRM US Agent & Partner, we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In this organization, we are an agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities.
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More: