Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, lead the design, development, modification, debugging, and evaluation programs for extremely complex internal systems. Provide expertise to analyze existing programs or formulate logic for new internal systems. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Provide leadership and expertise in extremely complex internal systems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommend and justify major changes to existing internal systems. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Ten or more years of related experience recommended.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Applications Labs (OAL) runs Oracle software that runs Oracle. OAL is responsible for implementing, running, and improving nearly all of Oracle's Enterprise On-Premise and Cloud Applications. We use Oracle's business requirements as a "test bed" for innovation. We often are ahead of the standard product road map and build extensions and custom applications to meet the needs of our 120,000-employee, Fortune 100 Company. Once proven, our ideas and innovations quickly find their way back into the core product. We also ensure that Oracle is always Oracle's best reference for our enterprise applications and analytics solutions and platforms.
We are seeking to grow the data science capabilities with brilliant and diverse individuals with exceptional technical ability. This is a challenging role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, while at the same time is a great opportunity to learn new skills and work within an unusually talented, global community at Oracle
As Principal Architect for Data Science, you will be responsible for driving the top-level strategy for OAL. You will be the go-to person and provide guidance to enable Machine Leaning and AI development at OAL. You will be a hands-on person inventing advanced innovative algorithms, to solve challenging problems and have the potential to directly impact Oracle's future. The candidate should have an extensive background in machine learning and data mining. You will be defining reference architecture, ML life-cycle, technical platform and development processes that helps other OAL team to deploy ML capabilities for their application and analytical solutions. You will be a team player who is eager to both teach and learn daily, that is proactive and self-motivated and has excellent communication skills.
* Develop and own the short-, medium-, and long-term road map and influence across the teams for data science product development
* Define and document the full life-cycle of data science products development from data collection, aggregation, feature engineering, visualization, productionization, and monitoring
* Complete end-to-end execution of the data science processes experimentation and documentation.
* Solve business and technical problems with robust and statistically sound use of rigorous scientific methodologies and creative use of algorithms using AI, machine (deep) learning and predictive modelling techniques.
* Make consistent use of solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills to carefully document findings and share results with various stakeholders.
* Work effectively with global teams located in multiple geographical locations.
* Actively participate as contributor or leader in a team of peer data scientists, understanding the collaborative and transparent relationships with engineering and product teams and the ways of working of an agile environment.
* Able to present complex analysis results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* An advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or another relevant quantitative field.
* 10 years of experience in data analyst, data engineering or data management leveraging data to predict business outcome
* 5 years of proven track record of data science and expertise
* Practical experience with machine learning algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, recommender systems, reinforcement learning, dimensionality reduction
* A proven track record in developing, innovating, and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems and in building new analytical products.
* Practical experience in feature engineering, feature evaluation, feature selection and automation of such tasks, model interpretation and visualization.
* Domain expertise in one or more of Software, technical or digital marketing, manufacturing
* Proficiency with several years' experience in more than one of Python, R, Java, C, C , Scala, and Spark.
* Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL and its adaptations.
* Working experience and understanding of data warehousing, visualization, and data mining
* Experience with application of Agile and iterative development practices and DevOps processes
* Lead, Influence, and guide other team data scientists.
* Team player with great communication and presentation skills.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.