Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Search Development Engineer
This is your opportunity to join a team of search experts to work on application search!
Oracle Search Cloud, a scalable, multi-tenant search solution that will enable Oracle PaaS and SaaS cloud offerings with highly-responsive, full-text search capabilities.
Join a team of search experts to build the new Oracle Search Cloud from the ground up. Functionality includes:-
* Highly scalable, multi-tenant indexing and search platform
* Using Elasticsearch as the search engine
* Provides REST APIs for data ingest, query, admin and monitoring operations
* Real time search
* Automatic provisioing and Lifecycle management
Oracle Enterprise Crawl and Search Framework (ECSF) is an Oracle Fusion Middleware search framework that enables you to quickly expose application context information on various business objects to enable full-text transactional search.
We are seeking talented, self-motivated and team-oriented software developers to build a high quality application search solution. The ideal candidate should have solid java and j2ee development experience and strong passion about search technology. If you believe you are ready for such a challenge please continue reading!
As a Senior/Principal Member of Technical Staff, your responsibilities will include:
* Design and implement core Oracle Secure Cloud and Enterprise Crawl and Secure Framework features
* Have a passion for quality and writing high quality, production ready code
* Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves search scalability, relevancy and user experience
* Ensuring high product quality through rigorous code reviews, bug fixing, and unit testing
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields with 5 years of professional JAVA and J2EE development experience
* Experience in developing highly scalable end-to-end search solutions
* Excellent design and programming skills with expertise in Java, Python, RESTful API, Web Services
* Strong work ethic, flexibility, and proven attention to quality and detail
* Oracle Fusion Application domain knowledge preferred
* Elastic Search knowledge and hands on experience preferred
* Experience building Software as a Service (SaaS) applications is a plus
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate (This could be you!):
1. Java / J2ee web service stack experience
2. RESTful API experience
3. Search or Indexing experience would be a plus (Elastic Search)
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.