Req ID: 48251
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Are you a hands-on developer who has built full-stack cloud-native applications?
Can you work with cross functional teams of engineers to architect, build and deliver applications running on AWS/Azure?
Do you like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be fully optimized, they need to be architected to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high availability features of the cloud.
Sabre is looking for talented hands-on technical Cloud architect and senior developer to help accelerate our growing cloud adoption and migration from On-Prem DC. This is an excellent opportunity to join Sabre's Cloud Strategy team and help define and implement best practices to enhance stability, availability at optimal cost. Our team collaborates across the entire Sabre organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
As a Senior Principal Cloud Architect, you'll be expected to:
* Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional cloud projects.
* Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
* Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
* Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
* Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
* Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
* Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures.
* Advise and lead implementing Cloud best practices.
EDUCATION: BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
* Hands-on experience with architecting and automating provisioning (Infrastructure as code), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
* Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
* Deep understanding of WAF and security tools.
* Experience with multiple public cloud provider technologies especially AWS, Azure or GCP
* Exposure to Agile development methodologies
* Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability.
* AWS/Azure professional level Solution Architect /Sys Ops Certification is a plus.
* Hand-on experience with ServiceNow is a plus
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.