Warner Music Group
Senior PMO Manager
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) - the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network - and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) - the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: Senior PMO Manager
Reports To: SVP Global Project Management Organization
Department: Global Technology
Location: New York, NY
A little bit about our team:
* The WMG Global Project Management Organization supports management of all technology-related functions across the globe - from project intake to successful delivery as well as portfolio management, vendor management and change management.
* We are responsible for the people, processes, & tools needed to provide competencies to the global WMG Technology Organization and its customers. As a unified Global Technology organization, we aim to be seen as leaders in planning, execution and delivery. Alongside with establishing & implementing best practices, maintaining standards related of portfolio, program, & project management, we strive to improve the consistency, effectiveness and costs of global program & project delivery and to drive strong benefits realization through strategic planning and delivery.
* This key senior role will report directly to SVP, Global Project Management Organization, and will be responsible for supporting core PMO functions for all Warner Music Group technology initiatives.
Why this could be your next big break:
* The successful candidate must be able to effectively manage change and promote the continuous improvement of portfolio, program and project management related processes and tools.
* Strong knowledge of PMBOOK best practices and enthusiastic 'can-do' attitude are necessary in order to take on new challenges of growing business.
The role requires team leadership, business acumen, professional bearing, Project Management tools knowledge, and strong relationship management skills.
Here you'll get to:
* Support Portfolio Directors in managing portfolio planning, cost estimation approaches and execution governance.
* Help prioritizing programs and projects based on company objectives dealing with changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies.
* Monitor metrics and generate reports to inform decisions that maximize returns across Global Technology projects and programs.
* Lead and manage PPM platform (Workfront) rollout and further adoption.
* Constantly look for improvement of processes and tools in order to further evolve project management methodologies to ensure process and project delivery quality and scalability. Work collaboratively with PMO leadership team in defining the standards, tools and processes as well as roll out. Be a champion of SDLC and ensure defined processes support its compliance.
* Actively champion PMO best practices to drive better project planning, execution, project prioritization and change management.
* Support SVP, Global PMO in development, implementation and maintenance of project management, program management and portfolio policies, standards, procedures.
* Generate and drive improvements to PMO reporting by close collaboration with Project Managers and PMO leadership in order to provide visibility into Global Technology initiatives and highlight the health of projects, programs and portfolio.
* Effectively communicate and support the adoption of new processes and tools within Project Management group and business stakeholders.
* Ensure PMO documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
* Bachelor's degree, preferred;
* Project Management and PMO experience of 10+ years
* PMP certification
* Agile familiarity is a plus
* Metric creation and reporting experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent leadership ability
* Effective analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and time management skills
* Positive "can-do" attitude
* Proficient project management software knowledge to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools).
* Experience with managing PPM systems is required. Workfront PPM knowledge is a big plus.
Rockstar candidates will be able to have:
* Passionate about Project Management
* Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly-changing scenarios, and are someone who sees 'ambiguity' as an opportunity rather than a hurdle
* High degree of independent leadership, critical thinking, communication, accountability, analytical and teamwork skills.
* Thrives in complex dynamic and creative environment
* True change agent - not intimidated by challenge of unknown
* Challenge status quo
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the "Apply" link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.
About Warner Music Group
Warner Music Group is a music entertainment company.