At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated SENIOR PLATFORM ENGINEER to join our growing team in beautiful, SAN FRANCISCO to be a member of the Global Engineering group located across San Francisco, US, London, UK, and York, UK.
Are you a creative problem solver who can both give and receive feedback? Do you lead with inclusion, collaboration and openness? At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated Platform Engineer to join our growing engineering team in San Francisco. This is an opportunity for you to work for a high-growth startup disrupting how companies do business.
As a Platform Engineer you'll be building the next generation of the Anaplan Platform. With big technical problems to solve - you'll have the chance to push boundaries and create something new. We have a long list of incredible benefits and offer highly competitive packages - we're serious about attracting the best technologists in the industry. You'll be working with super smart people who are pushing Java and the JVM to the limits. We'll also offer you a rewarding career with a company that values diversity and invests in you.
In the heart of the eclectic SOMA district, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we do at Anaplan when you step into our San Francisco office. There are open floor plans, fully stocked kitchens, and great collaboration spaces, and we focus on making sure that you have everything you need to work well from the right lighting to the latest technology. When it's time for the team to play together, we visit with our neighbors at a Giants game or a local pub's happy hour. Come see for yourself what a collaborative and exciting place to work looks like.
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
* Design and implement highly scalable distributed systems and shared services infrastructure utilizing Kubernetes, the Operator framework and helm charts
* Ensure a streamlined/automated application deployment
* Write code that is tested and testable and you take responsibility for the quality of the code you produce. If you're an advocate of TDD, even better.
* Coach and collaborate inside and outside the team - You enjoy working closely with others, teaching and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work.
* Share your passion for engineering and deliver great software.
* Deliver extraordinary communication and collaboration skills - Be pragmatic and know how to build trust.
* Express your positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a really big deal for us.
We're looking for really smart people who love solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done.
More about you:
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical
* 8+ years of professional experience as a distributed systems engineer
* Experience with building and maintaining a SaaS product at scale
* Experience working with containers and container-orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience with service mesh technologies like Istio, Linkerd or Envoy.
* Experience building telemetry systems like Prometheus
* Terraform Knowledge and Experience
* Distributed computing systems such as GigaSpaces, Hazelcast, Coherent
* Messaging systems such as Kafka, AMQP (RabbitMQ), ZeroMQ
* Experience with Public Cloud (e.g. AWS / GCP/ Azure)
* Database management systems (SQL, noSQL)
* High performance (HPC) / low-latency computing (LLC)
* Mechanical sympathy (LMAX Disruptor)
* Creation of DSLs (ANTLR, Lexers, Parsers, Translators)
* Experience with Java, Spring frameworks, multi-threading, and caching techniques
* Design, implementation and deployment of scalable API services
* Familiarity with CQRS, event sourcing, streaming data and complex event processing
Technologies you'll work with:
* Kubernetes Operators
* Helm Charts
* Apache Kafka
* Apache Cassandra
* AWS, GCP, Azure
* Java 10+
* CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Spinnaker
* Telemetry tools like Prometheus
What we offer:
* A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
* Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
* Regular agile meetups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
* Flexible working, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen and plenty of parties and events
* A range of sports, health and wellbeing initiatives
* 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
* The chance to contribute and evolve a company with a valuation over $1.4 billion
* Huge problems to solve -you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 900+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.
Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan.
Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
CAN'T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY:
Anaplan is a company providing a planning and performance management platform for businesses.