Akamai's services have stringent performance requirements and our ability to deliver these services at scale in a complex environment is a significant challenge. The Media Infrastructure Service Performance team oversees the networks and services on Akamai's global platform that provide its media streaming, storage, quality of service, and audience analytics capabilities. In this role, you will draw upon your analysis and optimization background to help determine how we manage capacity to deliver our services. You will draw upon your computing and coding skills to enhance the systems that we use to monitor and measure the system. You will apply your analytical skills to acquire in-depth knowledge of our proprietary software and services to make sense of data that can be distilled to determine quality. And finally, you will work with a variety of teams around the business to help set and deliver performance expectations.
* Build software systems and automations to establish proper policies that support our customers and products.
* Analysis tasks related to diagnosing system behaviors in response to escalations.
* Mine data to evaluate and track service quality, establish monitoring and automate anomaly response process.
* Work closely with the business units to define product and customer quality of service requirements and use the requirements to drive how we deploy, operate, and optimize network capacity.
* Work closely with Engineering teams, specifically with those that design and implement Akamai's media streaming, storage, and analytics server software, in order to help guide adoption of new features and determine where to make new technology investments.
About the Team
The Media Infrastructure Service Performance Team is an elite group of technical contributors responsible for defining, measuring, reporting on, and optimizing the Key Performance Indicators of the platform. The team has individuals with strengths in optimization, network analysis, computing, statistics, data science, big data analysis methodologies, and distributed systems. They are individuals who enjoy taking a holistic view of complex systems. The team tends to tackle difficult problems that go beyond having simple answers. This is precisely what makes the job fun and rewarding to anyone seeking a challenge.
Required Education and Experience
* Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or another related field/quantitative discipline.
* 3+ years of coding experience (Python, perl, R, C++, etc.)
* 3+ years of experience with internet protocols and concepts (DNS, HTTP, SSH, TCP, etc.)
* 3+ years of experience working in production UNIX/Linux computing environments (shell scripting, SQL, etc.)
* Experience with statistics and data analysis
* Experience analyzing complex systems
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with big data techniques and frameworks (Hadoop, Hive, Sparks, etc.)
* Thorough understanding of large-scale distributed systems and internet principles
* Ability to stay organized and keep multiple priorities on target
* Self-motivated with a consistent drive towards results
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.