Senior People Data Analyst San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they're happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
The People Analytics team at Dropbox has made significant investments in our data warehouse, technology infrastructure, and data management capabilities. Now we're looking for someone to advance our data warehouse beyond its foundational capabilities and to maximize our ability to solve problems with data across Recruiting and HR. You bring the ability to balance multiple priorities, deep analytical rigor, and excellent interpersonal skills that can be tailored to cross-functional audiences at every level.
* You are a leading authority on Recruiting and HR data, responsible for building and managing the product roadmap for our People team's data warehouse and ensuring our data is aligned to Dropbox's strategic goals
* Partner with the integrations team to architect data pipelines between HR/business systems, data warehouses (AWS), Tableau, and other BI tools
* Support testing and validation of new data warehouse tables, establishing strong quality assurance processes, and identifying ways to minimize risks of dashboard inaccuracies
* Apply your knowledge of business intelligence tools and processes to help scale and build the BI capabilities of the team
* Understand People-related challenges, collect data and consult with stakeholders to define solutions, tell stories with data, and present recommendations
* BA/BS in an analytical major such as Social/Behavioral Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or similar
* 4+ years of data analytics in HR, Marketing, or Sales or equivalent experience
* Technical understanding of data warehousing/relational databases, business intelligence, and distributed applications/systems
* At least 4+ years of experience using SQL, R, and/or Python with the ability to write ad-hoc and complex queries to perform data analysis
* 2+ years of experience in AWS/Redshift or other enterprise data warehouses (e.g., Snowflake)
* Experience working with business partners at all levels to capture data warehousing requirements
* Experience presenting analytics findings to executives
* Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape
* Low ego attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level critical thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox (formerly known as Evenflow) is a company that provides a cloud storage and collaboration platform.